October 05, 2026, 01:56:29 am
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
News
:
ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!
Home
Help
Search
Calendar
Login
Register
EAST TEXAS HOG DOGGERS FORUM
>
Forum
>
HOG & DOGS
>
GENERAL DISCUSSION
>
thoughts on horse tack for hunting
>
Message #99961
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Go Down
« previous
next »
Print
Author
Topic: thoughts on horse tack for hunting (Read 5034 times)
aladatrot
Global Moderator
Boar Slayer
Offline
Posts: 1496
Circle C Australian Shepherds
Re: thoughts on horse tack for hunting
«
Reply #20
on:
December 14, 2009, 10:01:36 pm »
Chris has been doing some leather projects. He made my pink ostrich cut collar with tracking collar attached, he made me a plain leather cut collar, and he repaired a miracle collar that got the strap torn off on a galvanized feeder. I'm thinking he can make me a night latch. Thinking of seeing if he can also make me a spare headstall I can keep in the saddle bag. Just a simple one with a sliding one ear to use in case a bridle breaks or something.
Yeah, cooper is finally getting his own gear. I'm hoping to make him into my "sports car" - a hybrid of a reined cow horse (learned how to teach spin), sliding stop (he already has this), ranch cutting (still figuring this out), and pig draggin' huntin mule. I have already installed flexion at the poll, and he can jog the rail like a pleasure horse. I will put a western pleasure lope on him, and I should have a horse that is fun to ride and can get the job done. It will take me a while to get all the stuff he doesn't know yet downloaded, but I have talked myself into investing my time into him. That's something I have never afforded him.
Cheers!
M
Logged
At least I'm successful at doing nothing right. I guess it could be worse.
Pages:
1
[
2
]
Go Up
Print
« previous
next »
Jump to:
Please select a destination:
-----------------------------
NEWS AND UPDATES
-----------------------------
=> TEXAS LAWS and BILLS
-----------------------------
HOG & DOGS
-----------------------------
=> DOGS ON HOGS
=> HOG DOGS
=> GENERAL DISCUSSION
=> HOG HUNTING CONTESTS
=> BEST HOGS
=> HOG TOTALS 2012
===> HOG TOTALS 2010
===> HOG TOTALS 2009
===> HOG TOTALS 2008
=> VIDEOS ON HOGS
-----------------------------
THE CLASSIFIEDS
-----------------------------
=> THE DOG TRADE
=> CLASSIFIED ADS
-----------------------------
GENERAL CATEGORY
-----------------------------
=> HUNTING AND FISHING
=> BAY PENS
Powered by
EzPortal
Loading...