October 07, 2026, 05:16:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Just a question  (Read 2655 times)
Cutter Bay Kennels
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4279



View Profile
« on: December 22, 2009, 01:18:01 pm »

Let's say your hunting buddy finds a track of a hog everyone has been wanting to catch.  Would your buddy call you to bring a single dog out of your pack or your whole pack, knowing that that dog(s) would give them a better chance of putting hands on that specific hog than their own dogs?  In other words, do your hunting buddies think as highly of your dogs, as you do?

This should get good.
Logged

"To me it is not always about the game you caught, but the memories you can't let go of.   Wink  " Josh Farnsworth
kevin
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 762



View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 01:46:05 pm »

Between me and who I hunt with, every dog we have is top notch so it doesn't matter.  For a hog like that ithey would probably tell me to bring a 6 month old pup.   They for sure tell me to leave the blueticks at home.  Tongue

   On a more serious note, I don't have anything worth a crap anymore so no one invites my dogs for those hunts anymore.

 
Logged
craig
Hog Catching Machine
********
Offline Offline

Posts: 2036



View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 01:48:03 pm »

he wouldnt be my hunting buddy very long if he dint call  Evil  Grin

 we would use the dogs best suited for the hunting spot , my dogs and his dogs wouldnt matter.

i would like to think the guys i hunt with have a great deal of respect for my dogs as i do for theirs.
Logged

www.craigloftintrailersales.com
Craig Loftin
918-857-0464
Tahlequah,Oklahoma
BigAinaBuilt
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 823


TDHA Member


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 02:20:51 pm »

That is a definate NO!  laugh Usually when guys know where a certain "dog killer" is calling home they will keep it a secret as long as possible so that they can at least nurse the wounds and come back for another try in a month or 2 but the island is pretty small so it will only take telling 1 friend for the spot to spread through the hunting circles and guys to have to give it a try. So I think if one of my friends were to hit him and not be able to bring him out I think I would get a call maybe 2-3 months after they have given him a try and are pretty convinced that they need some reenforcements. We enjoy sending those "check this monster out" pics and of course when you bring him home yourself you can add a few pounds and inches to the size of him and how you wrestled him with your barehands  cough and5bulls cough. As far as how they REALLY feel about my dogs depends on which friend we're talking about and how much we've had to drink after the hunt!
Logged

Competition is not the domination of others, But rather the pursuit of excellence within each of us.
duece24
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 562



View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 02:55:25 pm »

well my hunting buddies has so many dogs(and many really good dogs) that i don't think he will ever NEED my help. they may call me up because they are going after the dog killer and wants me to be a part of of it, NOT because they NEED my dogs.

i hope one day my dogs get good enough that people do call me for my dogs to come cause they feel they are that little extra they need to stop a nasty one.

i think many nasty boars kill dogs because there are too few dogs at the time of the bay. when you get maybe 5-6 top tier dogs on a nasty one they are smart enough to keep them there, and you come in with some top tier cathdogs then your in business. i may be wrong, but this is just what i think. when i've read or heard about a dog killer there were only 2-3 dogs at the bay and the hog felt he could do what he does best, but when you get 5-6 top dogs on him they know how to keep him so busy fight different dogs that you can get the catch dogs there.
Logged

Pet's Choice BP, Houston Distrubution
djhogdogger
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4180


Dinah Psencik from Dayton Tx.


View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2009, 03:02:29 pm »

No one thinks as highly of your dogs as you do. Grin
Logged

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
pig snatcher
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 891



View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 03:03:12 pm »

Sure they would, they would almost insist that I bring the bulldogs. Grin

May even want to drive my truck and use my tracker.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 03:07:07 pm by pig snatcher » Logged
LionandBoarHunter
Hog Master
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1628



View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 03:27:04 pm »

Sure they would, they would almost insist that I bring the bulldogs. Grin

May even want to drive my truck and use my tracker.
hey i think we have the same friends you forgot to mention buy all the gas an all the food Shocked
Logged

They Call It The Hill Country I Call It Home !
The more people I'm around the more I like my dogs !!
ROOT HOG OR DIE
Etxcntryboy
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 169



View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2009, 05:33:27 pm »

Sure they would, they would almost insist that I bring the bulldogs. Grin

May even want to drive my truck and use my tracker.
hey i think we have the same friends you forgot to mention buy all the gas an all the food Shocked
Don't forget the beer.  Seems like they call all in a hurry and say " man can you run by the store on the way, I'm out"!
Logged

Git ahead dog!
HogzgoneWild
Hog Catching Machine
********
Offline Offline

Posts: 2163



View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2009, 06:31:01 pm »

I don't have any friends :'(, just dogs Grin
Logged

"pain is just fear leavin the body"
TDHA member/TLGDA supporter
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Victor Dealer/Promoter
crackerc
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 909


Monkey....gone but never forgotten! RIP


View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2009, 09:14:03 pm »

I don't drink beer, have few friends, so hunt alone much of the time. That way I don't have to buy someone elses beer.....or put up with a bunch of drama or BS........... Grin
Logged

Florida cur dogs for almost half a century....now I know I am old!!
TX HOG
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 723



View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2009, 09:55:25 pm »

Sure they would, they would almost insist that I bring the bulldogs. Grin

May even want to drive my truck and use my tracker.

yep... ive got that before. from ppl that would never invite me hunting but they want me to come catch a dog killer for them.
Logged
Scott
Boar Slayer
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1208



View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2009, 10:03:07 pm »

Not my potlickers...unless they need dogs that will, only on occasion, stumble over the blind, crippled ones.
Logged
pig snatcher
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 891



View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 10:15:26 am »

Sure they would, they would almost insist that I bring the bulldogs. Grin

May even want to drive my truck and use my tracker.

Was actually just kidding, I am fortunate enough to have a good bunch to hunt with.
Logged
Florida Curdog
Hog Master
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1531



View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 01:44:10 pm »

Yes they would call and I would also call them. Our dogs hunt  about  the same and most of them are of the same blood line. Cool
Logged

Smiling like a killer
Pecos21
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 306



View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2009, 11:50:43 pm »

I hunt with Maver!ck most of the time..(and have been for right at 12 years)...so normally if either one of us is hunting the other one is there. We do hunt with two other guys every once in a while....but most of the time it is just us. We both have the same hunting style and don't try to hijack each other's hunting spot....so it works out good that way.
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!