October 10, 2026, 01:50:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regions of Texas you could hunt?  (Read 1662 times)
BULLMASTER
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 808


View Profile
« on: December 25, 2011, 09:01:21 am »

If you could hunt anywhere in Texas where would you hunt and why?My favorite part of the state is the panhandle area hands down,the hog population is crazy and you dont see a dog box in every truck that passes you like you do down here in southeast TX.I really like Paducah ,Flomot and the Matador area of TX.The only other dogger I ran into up there was Paul'Silverton Boardogs" but I know there are a few more.
Logged
3Whoghunter
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 835


who wants to hunt


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2011, 09:04:44 am »

Central Texas, even though we have alot of Doggers we still have alot alot of pigs big pigs. All the creeks and rivers and farm land and oak and mesquite patches hold em up real nice
Logged

LEG EM! LEG EM!!
BULLMASTER
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 808


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2011, 09:55:51 am »

I will soon be in Hamilton,just have to iron out a few more details.
Logged
skunkhounds
Boar Slayer
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1027



View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2011, 10:02:50 am »

central tx we have a few hunters around here but plenty of hogs
Logged

Let's make a round
Bar W
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 491

Hello. My name is Mark and I'm addicted to hunting


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2011, 06:51:39 pm »

I'd like to try em all a few times. I think each area of the state would offer something new. A bad hog hunt is still better than s good day working.
Logged
DSmith
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 409


View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2011, 07:11:37 pm »

I've run my dogs in and around Paducah before, love the country and they have plenty of game.  It used to be a hidden gem, up until the fella that runs the hotel in Paducah invited the Ft Worth Star Telegram out there to do a story a few years back.  Once the farmers/ranchers found there were men from the big city willing to pay, it changed the whole landscape.  I still have places to hunt out there, but not really enough to run dogs on.
Logged

Floresville, Tx
M Bennet
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3674


LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2011, 09:28:22 pm »

panhandles, lots of hogs and very few hunters
Logged

Monty Bennet
BULLMASTER
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 808


View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2011, 10:52:40 pm »

I used to guide hunts on Larry Jones ranch just north of Paducah,I saw over 200 hogs in his wheat fields many times.The only problem with that place was that it will spoil a dog really quick,they thought they were supposed to go from hog to hog without having to work that hard.It was sure nice and easy getting pups started up there.
Logged
hillcountry
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 279



View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2011, 07:29:30 am »

In the heart of the texas hillcountry about every other hog is a monster. the terrain is not for the pea hearted man or dog the vulcanic rocks will weed em uot quick. IM talking bandera,real,kerr,edwards and northern uvalde.  the saber tooths live in the hills.
Logged

If your scared you can ride in my pocket.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!