October 04, 2026, 09:13:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pups possibly on the way  (Read 1130 times)
Heaven Sent Kennel
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 534



View Profile WWW
« on: July 05, 2011, 12:17:37 am »

Got a brindle bmc gyp that could have some plott in there got stuck early in her heat by my big bulldog. I went to the vet and got some shot that was supposed to help it not take and I thought she was coming out of her heat and no males were bugging her so I started hunting her again. Showed her and my red bmc sitting down 75 yds in front of me. I go runnin' in cuz it was in the middle of a dry river bed so I figured they were chewin' on something dead. Low and behold my bmc got a hold of something. bout the time I kicked him he got hung up with her. Was told the shot should stop that one as well. well she's been milkin' up pretty good and looks like her belly is getting big and i ain't been feeding no more. Not ready for puppies. Don't have the set up but can put something together. I think I may have about a week before she has them if she does have puppies. They'll dang sure be free cuz I don't need anymore puppies right now. MIGHT keep one but that's a big MIGHT. Pm me if interested and i'll put your name and number on a list and call a week before they are ready. If it ain't one thang it's another and she's my best dog going right now hate that she's gonna be down for a couple months maybe a lil less. At least she'll be ready for prime hunting but that's just my luck right now.

Catahoochee


Max
Logged

If ya ain't touchin' 'em ya ain't close enuff!!!
SCHitemHard
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4539



View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 02:01:48 am »

if ya got a basement thats where i would make a house outta pallets and saw dust or shavings, worked for me when i had a unplanned litter
Logged

Matt H
Cleveland, OH
southtexasff
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 484



View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 11:29:57 am »

Another thing you can do if you have a basement is push her down the stairs. Evil
Logged
Heaven Sent Kennel
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 534



View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 12:30:18 pm »

lol welp no basement my house has axles. I just ain't real sure what I'm gonna do but there ain't no way to get them outta this heat. Had a litter last year about this time and only had 4 outta 8 make it. I'll figure something out and if they make it then they'll be tough enuff to be stuck on pigs. Not a bad breeding just one I ain't ready for.
Logged

If ya ain't touchin' 'em ya ain't close enuff!!!
redline
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 104


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 08:37:00 am »

One of my dogs just had 9 pups. I was keeping them in the screened porch then came home yesterday and they are gone. Seems mom moved them underground the hole is so deep I can't even see them let alone reach them. She must have felt it was to hot.
Logged
tmatt
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 619



View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 08:58:21 am »

I had a bulldog get bred by a cat and didn't really have a setup for pups so I just let her raise them on the chain. She raised six pups on the chain with no problem. She only lost one. That first one went so well that I raised another litter off of another bulldog the same way and she didn't lose a single one. Just something to try, especially if you are not set up for pups.
Logged

Be who you are and say what you mean because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.
Heaven Sent Kennel
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 534



View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 04:29:52 pm »

Yeah she's a jumper and climber. She's on a chain and has a330 gallon tote for a dog house. Don't know what I'll do unless I get to welding and put a top on the pen.
Logged

If ya ain't touchin' 'em ya ain't close enuff!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!