|
Heaven Sent Kennel
|
 |
« on: August 03, 2011, 01:01:37 am » |
|
Well with my lead catch dog dieing and my second in command is bred I'm down to my lil kemmer cur that was used for a help dog his whole life, a bmc pup just over a year old and a cat/kemmer cross the same age. Been going out trying to get some pigs caught hoping to get lucky and been doing a lot of trash breaking. I was impressed saturday night we went out and all 3 of them ran right past a porcupine, looked at it and kept going I was pretty dang impressed with that then my lil kemmer dog trails a small group just over 2 miles. saw the big boar bust from the group but the pups had other things in mind. Ely the kemmer bayed this hog for about 20 mins by himself just couldn't get a bulldog into him in time it was so thick but bob the cat/kemmer cross was with him baying for a lil while then it broke and that was a night. Ended up getting 2 porcupines on the way in but the dogs didn't find either one.
Got talked into going out this evening even though I gotta work in the morning i went ahead and went. Hot and dry wasn't pickin' nothin' up but I was real disappointed because they weren't trashin' either. head up a couple miles and start back south working the wind and Max my bmc comes flying off the hood followed by the other 2. we hear bark bark squeal. I get up there bout 150 off the road and bob and ely killed a 5 lber and looked at the garmin and max was rolled out to 300 the other 2 get kicked off on the trail and after 500 max came in and eli and bob went 850. never ended up with anything bayed but I'd venture to say they went out killin' lil shoats. had fun anyhow and also got a couple of porcupines on the way in. That makes dang near 20 in the same 7 square miles we hunt within the last 3 weeks but I am proud to say the dogs ain't found the last half dozen and are getting on bigs.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
If ya ain't touchin' 'em ya ain't close enuff!!!
|
|
|
|
|
|