September 27, 2026, 08:56:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Considering starting a dude/guide ranch.  (Read 2351 times)
Noah
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4711



View Profile
« on: September 20, 2008, 10:27:12 pm »

I've had the privilege to work with a man that is in the position to command an impressive piece of land.   The state of FL has offered 12mill. for the place, in hopes of making a state park of it.  The property, as of now, is earning it's keep as a Hollywood locale(Rosewood, Playboy Wink, Hale Berry, Jon Voight, Kurt Russel.... timber Gfarm, cattle prop.(4-500head), and civilian hunt club.

This place is unreal.  It has 20 some natural springs that flow out to irrigate the majority of the property. "Perrier" has tried to buy water rights to bottle water Shocked

1 minute after pulling in the gate...

Got broke dogs?

Yes, I had dogs in the back, but we had an agenda........

Healthy cattle, hogs, pristine springs....Paradise.... what?

Me testing the depth....





« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 10:30:34 pm by Noah » Logged

Welcome to the Gun Show

Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
Noah
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4711



View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 11:07:05 pm »

Why I love Florida...

Bathing suits and bovine...

One of the springs... channeled into a 6' culvert that shoots you out like a cannon Cheesy My 2yo daughter was pushing me out the way to go through Grin


Ellie couldn't stand it, and had to make the run...



Logged

Welcome to the Gun Show

Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
Noah
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4711



View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 11:49:11 pm »

Anyways, I was working a barrel race show last night and bumped into a few "high rollers" who tweaked my entrepreneurial instincts...  We were talking about "day dreams" and the topic of working cattle, catching hogs, and "traditional cracker lifestyle" was the dream of choice.    It made me realize, that what I do for leisure, many people would pay high dollar to do.

I ran a dude ranch in Colorado that made a pile of money and saw a similar response, but I've never considered FL as a possible market for the same thing..... I have the resources, just have to decide if I have the drive....
Logged

Welcome to the Gun Show

Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
So Oklahoma Cur Dogs
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 370



View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 07:20:08 pm »

I would say go for it if it has benifits . How many people can say they love their work? But think about your family as to will they have insurance and  a retirement for yourself. Thats more important in my opinion. Unless it pays really really well then you could build or save for your own.

Those pools look like the ones that have those big underwater caves in them...
Logged

You aint a redneck untill you've shot a gun in the house.
Mike
Administrator
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 10276



View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 09:17:20 pm »

Pretty place Noah... looks like the little one had a good time! Grin

I noticed that one hog with the bob-tail... somebody's been cuttin' down there. Grin

If the money and the buisiness is there... go for it!
Logged

clint
Hog Master
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1780



View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2008, 10:01:34 pm »

man thats a pretty place there noah,, when you gonna invite me out?? lol,, jk Grin
Logged

Quality over Quantity!

You gotta cut the boars to catch the Barrs.

Get Ahead Son!
elliscountyhog
Boar Slayer
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1240



View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 02:14:40 pm »

Just let me know when i need to make my way over there. Grin
Logged

Hunt Hard or STAY HOME!
"If the dog won't leave and go look, I'm not wasting my time." Quoted by Bryant.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!