October 09, 2026, 06:37:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hood hunters  (Read 2663 times)
jon
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 944


Lake Texoma Hog Dogs


View Profile
« on: August 22, 2013, 10:52:26 pm »

How much roll on bedliner y'all think it'd take for a 99chevy hood? This throwing a rug up there's getting old, and also does the bedliner protect from the heat pretty good? Thanks
Logged

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
Muddogkennels
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 940



View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2013, 11:55:43 pm »

the bed liner gets hot bud but i went hunting with someone that had a 1/4'' rubber mating an he had it framed down with 1/4'' plywood bolted down to his hood. worked good an the clips hitting the mat didn't make much noise.
Logged
Jmesonp1
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 472



View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2013, 06:40:29 am »

the set up you saw on my ford protects from the heat well. fairly cheap to install also
Logged
jon
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 944


Lake Texoma Hog Dogs


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 06:51:20 am »

Yea I like yours a lot Jamenson its nice
Logged

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
alapaha blue blood
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 367


Tiny


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2013, 09:14:24 am »

I have the hood and roof rhino line on my ford and it don't seem to heat up to bad but we mainly run at night r late evenings so its not much of a problem
Logged
jon
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 944


Lake Texoma Hog Dogs


View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2013, 09:46:17 am »

How much did it take to do em gallon, quirt, or even more
Logged

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
MrsLouisianaHogDog
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3132


*Official WWT Scorer*


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2013, 10:34:37 am »

I have my hood on my Ram done with the spray on bedliner by Rustoleum. Took me two cans to do a good thick coat.

I haven't noticed it get too hot, unless it's smack in the middle of the day in the direct sun.
Logged

~Krystale of the Southern Comfort Combine~
www.southerncomfortcombine.webs.com
*Proud member of the Mississippi Hunting Dog Association*
ADBA Safe Dog Program Evaluator and Trainer
Jmesonp1
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 472



View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2013, 10:44:59 am »

I put the 1/4" rubber on mine just for my one gyp. she would lift her feet like she was on hot coals and the other dog would just stand there. After i put the rubber down she quit doing that. I can only assume the heat bothered her.
Logged
alapaha blue blood
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 367


Tiny


View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2013, 12:21:25 pm »

I couldn't tell u how much it took I had zebart down here in corpus do it it a 2013 f150 so I didn't want it to look crappy if u know what I mean
Logged
alapaha blue blood
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 367


Tiny


View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2013, 12:22:39 pm »

I drove around town a couple years with a kitchen mat on the hood but when I upgraded my pickup I thru it lol
Logged
hogmantx1979
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 766


View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2013, 12:26:34 pm »

Blue blood been waiting for you to respond to this question I know you have a really nice hood
Logged

Life is what you make of it!!! Always stay positive
jon
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 944


Lake Texoma Hog Dogs


View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2013, 01:48:18 pm »

Lol I gotta area rug folded in half
Logged

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
jon
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 944


Lake Texoma Hog Dogs


View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2013, 01:55:18 pm »

But my truck ain't nothing fancy just a ol 99 suburban
Logged

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
alapaha blue blood
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 367


Tiny


View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2013, 07:21:55 pm »

Thanks hogmantx aka Robert ya I got tired of working on my old rig so I got me a new one I got it hood hunting ready ASAP lol all I do is work , baseball , hunt , and fish so what the heck
Logged
Swine-Stalker
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 960


Cody Everett


View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2013, 11:16:17 pm »

Got a Suzuki samurai, I used the rubber carpet like rug that people use in their shops. Put a few self tapping screws and big washers to hold it down
Logged

We'll all be equal under the grass, God's got a heaven for country trash

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work
for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."
Swine-Stalker
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 960


Cody Everett


View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2013, 11:22:05 pm »

No heat issues, they lay on it when we aren't moving

Logged

We'll all be equal under the grass, God's got a heaven for country trash

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work
for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."
M Bennet
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3674


LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S


View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2013, 03:00:28 pm »

I used half gallon on my hood and its got 4 coats
Logged

Monty Bennet
jon
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 944


Lake Texoma Hog Dogs


View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 03:28:48 pm »

I used half gallon on my hood and its got 4 coats
Thanks Monty that's what I was looking for
Logged

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
jon
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 944


Lake Texoma Hog Dogs


View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2013, 03:37:52 pm »

Got a Suzuki samurai, I used the rubber carpet like rug that people use in their shops. Put a few self tapping screws and big washers to hold it down
I like that go anywhere in a samurai
Logged

sshh... ya hear that??? there bayed boys!!!!!
TDHA Member
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!