|
got2catchem
|
 |
« on: August 23, 2009, 12:24:17 am » |
|
Unfortunately I didn’t get to go.  One of my young hunting partners called me up and said he wanted to go hunting. I had to work, but told him to get hold of another buddy and go load up the dogs. These fellas are a little young, but are good hands in the woods and with the dogs. I will admit that they have been on their fair share of good ones and have hunted with me for a good while now. They got the dogs loaded, checked both tracking systems and headed out. They cut the dogs loose and they rolled out. The dogs got about 600yards and struck. These ol boys made their way to them and turned the bulldogs loose, The dogs started going across the Brazos and the hog broke. They caught the catchdogs and waited for the cur dogs to get them stopped. They bayed up again a little over .6 of a mile. They made their way to the bay again and caught a good sow on the edge of the Brazos. I have to say they handled themselves well and I am pretty proud of the good job the dogs and them did.  
|
|
|
|
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 12:47:28 am by got2catchem »
|
Logged
|
Richard E.
|
|
|
|
|
|
Mike
|
 |
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 12:02:03 pm » |
|
Good hunt guys!
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
bob
|
 |
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 10:41:26 am » |
|
congrats , nice job
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
cantexduck
|
 |
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 10:47:51 am » |
|
dogs on auto-pilot!!  Been thinking....... You can use my lab but you have to drop of Mud,Striker AND Levi. Aries eats chicken and rice ONLY, must sleep inside and ride in the cab of the truck.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
There's a coon, nevermind, thats Buster.
"So I pawned my lacy off to my girlfriend. That should teach her to meet men off match.com" Rich.
|
|
|
|
got2catchem
|
 |
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 11:27:49 pm » |
|
dogs on auto-pilot!!  Been thinking....... You can use my lab but you have to drop of Mud,Striker AND Levi. Aries eats chicken and rice ONLY, must sleep inside and ride in the cab of the truck. We may have to set that up. But I am going to be totally honest and say that I cannot shoot a shotgun for chit  So in a matter of a day or so, Aries may get bored or disgusted with my shooting and resort to finding, running down, and catching dove on her own (hopefully she will bring them to me to show me what they look like up close) which will undoubtedly undo some of the training that you spent your hard time and $$$$ on. As long as I am upfront about this we should have no problems. 
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Richard E.
|
|
|
|