April 24, 2024, 06:45:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ruff day  (Read 562 times)
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2023, 08:41:27 am »

Made a hunt yesterday on a new place.I brought Peewee Kong and Kc and my buddy Brought Jo.Found a couple really good tracks right off sent Peewee and Kong they trailed about a half mile and bayed them in the bed when I was getting closer Kong tried him and they caught out for probably 3min. The hog broke and Kong came out to me his back leg had a huge cross cut on the thigh Peewee got the hog bayed again at 450 Kong went back in and bayed but the hog broke again Peewee ran another mile and got them stopped again in the creek I caught Kong up and figured out how to get in there Peewee would bay and quit bay and quit but never left when we got there with Dozer Peewee saw us and went back in vines and got ran over it was a sow and a big boar sent Dozer and the sow rushed him and of course he caught her Peewee helped catch but as soon as the hog was stabbed he fell over he had zero left to give his jugular was cut and he had stayed on them for an hr bleeding out.Carried him out and he was totally limp and fading rushed him to nearest vet hospital he received a blood transfusion and seems to be stable at the moment so hopefully dodged the bullet.

Went back after dropping him off and turned out Kc and Jo they got 2 big sows bayed at the same time sent Dozer and he caught the one but the other wouldn't leave finally got her to break and Kc and Jo got her bayed at 450 caught her and called it a day.They want to keep Peewee till Monday to make sure everything is out Hopefully Kong learned his lesson and Poor Peewee don't have to pay the price for his learning curve.This is something that everyone one of these dogs seems to have to go through they have to get a good whooping to learn to respect one but it usually only takes one time.

Disclaimer: (Dog in picture chewing on the dead hogs neck like an idiot is not mine and no way affiliated ,related,or a representative of me knor my dogs lol)!!!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2023, 08:46:41 am »

One more pic this is Jo in one's face

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2023, 09:21:42 am »

Sure hope he makes it thru man.  Like you said.  They got to have a learning lesson and hopefully they learn from it.   Good haul though. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2023, 10:53:55 pm »

Sounds like the dogs worked hard. I hope peewee learned that Kong ain’t the one he should go out drinking with as well. Hopefully Kong gets smart quick. I’m glad it looks like peewee is gonna be ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2023, 07:21:58 am »

Good hunt and those hogs have sure been eating good. That was a good call leaving the dog at the Vet. I lost one of the best Plotts I have owned in over 40 years toa similar injury. I thought I had the bleeding stopped and that night he hemorrhaged and bled out.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2023, 10:55:23 am »

Good day hope dog pulls though

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2023, 06:37:04 pm »

Thanks yall looks.like he's gonna make it I'm getting him.from vet tomorrow evening little fellers all heart.

The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2023, 08:36:26 am »

Glad there is good news that followed the bad. Hog dogs have a high risk occupation for sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: