April 19, 2024, 08:39:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2/1/23 hunt  (Read 549 times)
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: February 03, 2023, 07:00:37 am »

Man it feels so good that goat season is over. Had some friends down from Ind. The management area we were supposed to hunt was closed due to high water so we went to another spot. Caught 3 pretty quick and then had a good boar beat us across the bayou into no man’s land. Caught the dogs n cast them in another spot. Cast some dogs and they jumped and bayed about a 170# boar after about a 45 minute race. They were hanging off of him but he was dragging them so we sent a bulldog in and closed the deal. Went to another spot and Showtime hit a cold track n probably trailed for 45 minutes before he jumped. When we got a chance we packed in and the race was on. We saw him a couple of times, a boar about 200 but after about 3 hours the dogs gave out. Caught 4 boars Al 80 to 170# and really enjoyed being out. For some reason Tapatalk is not downloading my pics. Anyone know why

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2023, 08:50:39 am »

Man I hate you can’t post pictures. I always like seeing the kin folk of my pot lickers. Tapatalk was acting up for me the other day. I was just about to delete it and start over when it got right. I think I scared it straight, lol. Sounds like your hounds did a real good job. It’s crazy how different the mindset of individual hogs can be. Sounds like that boar was determined he was going to run off come hell or high water. I have a boar I’ve been wanting to catch. He cut my boot upper as he went past me in 4 wheel drive because Ole Zeke had a mouthful of jewels. He was literally sitting back with his feet out front of him and his eyes closed lol. That hog wasn’t trying to stop. Glad you were able to get a bulldog to yours. I’m betting your friends had a good time.

Did you get any bear hunting in this season?

HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2023, 04:06:28 pm »

Bet them boys from Indiana never saw so much water huh.  Lol.  Won’t take long for a hogdogger to get wet now.   Nice hunt man we ain’t got to see the pics cause we know them dogs is good for 3-10 a hunt.  Lol.

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
The Old Man
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2023, 02:05:47 pm »

You're off to a good start, sounds like with high water the marsh may extra soft this year. A man can sure bog down catchin those long toed hogs haha. Hope you have a good Feb.
l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2023, 04:45:07 pm »

Cajun you gonna have to figure out the pic thing man I sure look forward to seeing your February marsh hunts chaulk full of ivory and boat.action.
Sounds like the dogs did a fine job and it was a real good hunt Sir.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2023, 05:56:25 am »

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 06:36:25 am »

Man that dog looking at the camera has about as pretty of a head shape and ear as you can put on a dog to me.

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2023, 06:06:52 am »

T dog, That dog is off my Steel dog that was crippled last summer.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2023, 08:08:45 am »

Well he’s a fine looking hound. It looks like he’s built nice and his eye says he’s got a lot going on inside that head. Looks and sounds like ole Steel could earn his keep as a stud.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: