April 19, 2024, 02:03:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tendons  (Read 503 times)
ModisettH
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: February 08, 2023, 09:16:02 pm »

Anyone ever have a tendon sewed up in the back leg and it take? Got wrecked this morning on a no Earred Barr hog in a really bad thicket. Got one of my male dogs in the tendon and the chest cavity. He’s all patched up now but still not out of the clear. Ended up having his tendon sewed back together in hopes he will be able to use the leg. I haven’t seen many get cut there and they be able to control the leg. Not gonna post a pic of the dog but here is the hog..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 09:54:58 pm »

My sketch dog had her Achilles severed in her back leg. Went in found both ends and sewed it back together with my vet. We have it 100/1 odds. Said it would likely rupture. Scar tissue and connective tissue are not the same. 3ish years later, if you don’t know about it, you probably won’t notice it until she gets really hot and tired. Try it if the dog is worth it. That’s what I’ll say.

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
ModisettH
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 10:20:36 pm »

My sketch dog had her Achilles severed in her back leg. Went in found both ends and sewed it back together with my vet. We have it 100/1 odds. Said it would likely rupture. Scar tissue and connective tissue are not the same. 3ish years later, if you don’t know about it, you probably won’t notice it until she gets really hot and tired. Try it if the dog is worth it. That’s what I’ll say.

It’s sewn together now. Hopefully it will hold he is a pretty easy going dog so don’t think he will bust it out. He’s far from being anything great but he will find a hog and comes in handy when needed and I know a lot of folks that would wanna feed him. I’ve seen quite a few 3 legged dogs if it doesn’t hold. I’ve just never had one cut there. Bad hogs and bad thickets will get ya ever time!!

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2023, 05:11:39 am »

Man that sounds like a train wreck! Sorry to hear it. Good luck with the tendon.

ModisettH
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2023, 09:28:39 am »

Man that sounds like a train wreck! Sorry to hear it. Good luck with the tendon.

It was Wrecked him and two other dogs. None of them being rough either. Anything rough wouldn’t have made it out of the thicket. Gonna be war with this ole hog!

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2023, 02:06:27 pm »

You know years ago we were hunting just east of Jacksonville Tx. We had a hog bayed and sent a really dependable catchdog into it. It was real thick so we couldn’t see it. Heck of a fight went on and the hog broke. This happened three times in a row and this catch dog hadn’t missed 3 hogs in a years time. Finally we got him caught and when we got to it the catchdog was on the jaw. He was never anywhere but the ear. We soon realized it was an earless barr hog. Luckily we didn’t suffer the same fate that you did. This hog was intentionally left this way by someone. Both ears were gone except for about an inch out from the base of the head and the cuts were smooth, straight cuts.

ModisettH
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2023, 04:43:41 pm »

You know years ago we were hunting just east of Jacksonville Tx. We had a hog bayed and sent a really dependable catchdog into it. It was real thick so we couldn’t see it. Heck of a fight went on and the hog broke. This happened three times in a row and this catch dog hadn’t missed 3 hogs in a years time. Finally we got him caught and when we got to it the catchdog was on the jaw. He was never anywhere but the ear. We soon realized it was an earless barr hog. Luckily we didn’t suffer the same fate that you did. This hog was intentionally left this way by someone. Both ears were gone except for about an inch out from the base of the head and the cuts were smooth, straight cuts.

I’ve turned back numerous on this place so it could be one the ears fell off on but I normally don’t turn back anything with chewed up. I don’t think it’s anything I’ve cut tho. He finally showed himself more. Rudy is up and eatting today just hope the leg heals some!

ModisettH
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2023, 04:44:08 pm »

Here he is

Austesus
Boar Slayer

On the quest to be a dog man.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2023, 06:12:18 pm »

I’ve only personally known of one dog that had his Achilles’ tendon cut. It did not heal. He basically had no use of his back foot and it pretty much just drug the ground, but it didn’t slow him down at all.

Trying to raise better dogs than yesterday.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: