April 19, 2024, 12:44:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lizzos first boar  (Read 424 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2023, 01:25:24 pm »

We got a phone call last week about 2 hogs been living on the acreage a machine shop sits on right outside of Flatonia and they were tearing pastures up and they wanted them gone. Kind of bad timing for us as we got it seems like every dog over 2 years old put up for various reasons.

They got one trapped Monday and he went 260. Boar hog. They swore it was another pretty similar to him. We finally made time last night to go try him. Carried sketch but she’s so cripple on her front foot right now she’s basically useless. I just figured if we got in a bind and really needed a trail dog after it raining that morning I’d ask her to tough it out and make it happen on 3 legs. Luckily we didn’t have to.

We roll up to assess the situation as the sun is setting and mr Boar hog decides he is going to walk out and start grazing with the cows about 200 yards from the brush. It was game over for him at the moment. Finding him was going to be the tough part and he found us. Now we got to get him stopped before he crosses interstate 10 or highway 90(the northern and southern borders to this 150ish acres). We had something for that.

Go collar up at the shop and Go to far end of pasture from the hog and loop back to him to get between the brush and him with the cows. Send the cur dogs to cut him out of the cows and Rhett was waiting with lizzo, Tim was ready to haze him out with the ranger. Send curs. He starts to us then peels left and grabs high gear. Right as he starts peeling out I tell Rhett to send her. (This is only the second time we have used her like this and it was not on a hog anywhere close to this one)

Planned worked perfect. Tim hazed him out, she walked him down in about 300 yards and spun him, he come back to her. She side stepped and swallowed an ear. Caught pig. Tim dumped cardi to her to seal it up and cur dogs arrived to string him out. Probably 220-230 boar and 3.5 inch teeth. Was cooler than the flip side of the pillow to watch. Got to work on her staying caught once we leg the hog but she is headed in the right direction and everything I’ve been told is, she is leaps and bounds ahead of where most people that mess with these dogs would expect one to be at under 2 years old.

No worries though. I’m still a curdog man. I promise not to go all Blackstreak on you guys Wink

Here’s a bad video of us setting it all up.

https://vimeo.com/797363483

Didn’t let him make the brush line.

https://vimeo.com/797363669

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2023, 03:17:36 pm »

Hey that’s pretty cool. Sure make ya think you knew what you’re doing when it works out the way you planned it , lol. He’s a good hog for sure.

jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2023, 05:31:25 am »

She won’t catch many more without a vest.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2023, 05:52:23 am »

I love it when a plan comes together. Most of mine go south. lol That is a really nice boar.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2023, 09:49:19 am »

She won’t catch many more without a vest.
What was your pre conceived notion that you found this to be an appropriate and necessary comment? Surely you didn’t think I’m unaware of what a hog can do with teeth like that to a dog, or that there are options like a vest and cut collar to protect her? I mean you obviously saw the bulldog with a $250 vest on. It’s real easy to have a false sense of confidence going in to a fight with a grown man when all you’ve had is fights with your brother as a kid and you had pads on.

I wasn’t going to spend $200+ on a custom made plate for her before I found out if she was going to earn a spot around here or not. She didn’t get cut and that’s a good thing, little bit of luck and the way she caught him had lots to do with it. Appreciate your concern though, hand.

Hollowpoint
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2023, 11:05:44 pm »

Your dogs did real good, the plan went to perfection. I like the cattle watching you guys tie him in the second video.
jsh
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2023, 05:49:51 am »

Slim you’ve always been a smart assed, egotistical foul mouthed kid on this forum.  You can hear it by the way you speak in your videos.  You buy a “tater” dog from Monty Bennett a few years back and talk like you’ve been hunting for decades.

Yes, I care about a dog’s well being. If that makes me a pussy - then so be it.

That dog you have is  a handy tool to have in certain situations. What that dog is NOT though, is a bullldog. I have seen some shut down after a wreck where a bulldog won’t. All I was saying was a vest may help with that.

You posted several times about losing this dog recently, seemed pretty let down about it too.  I bet you would’ve paid $200 to get her back. Look what she’s turned into for you - proud enough to post pictures and videos of her. So maybe the $200 would’ve been worth it and decreased her chances of being gutted - but that would’ve hurt your tough hog hunter image.

And good luck with the plate - she’s way too small for one, but you probably already know that too tough guy.
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2023, 08:49:23 am »

Slim you’ve always been a smart assed, egotistical foul mouthed kid on this forum.  You can hear it by the way you speak in your videos.  You buy a “tater” dog from Monty Bennett a few years back and talk like you’ve been hunting for decades.

That dog you have is  a handy tool to have in certain situations. What that dog is NOT though, is a bullldog. I have seen some shut down after a wreck where a bulldog won’t. All I was saying was a vest may help with that.

You posted several times about losing this dog recently, seemed pretty let down about it too.  I bet you would’ve paid $200 to get her back. Look what she’s turned into for you - proud enough to post pictures and videos of her. So maybe the $200 would’ve been worth it and decreased her chances of being gutted - but that would’ve hurt your tough hog hunter image.

And good luck with the plate - she’s way too small for one, but you probably already know that too tough guy.

Lol, I didn’t buy anything from Monty. Might be 5 people in this world can say they got a dollar from me in exchange for a dog, And I’m 25 going on 26 and been on my own for a long time.  You can keep that “Kid” word.

I didn’t know the man, just his name when I was invited on to his yard by him personally and he told me and my buddy we could pick through some pups. Which just so happened to be because of how much good word of mouth he had heard about me and my buddy. They weren’t “tater” bred pups. They were tater bred pups. The last ones TJ ever sired.
 Lots of people lied on dogs and the tater blood and what they allegedly had. I was not one of those people. Never have been. I got the pictures, the proof, and the skins on the wall to show you where I’ve been, what I’ve done, and the hounds I’ve owned, raised, bred and used.

Egotistical and foul mouthed “You can hear it in my videos” what my voice? Do I use the F word a little more than you care for, I’ll concede that.
 I don’t have an ego, the life I’ve lived didn’t afford me one. I have a chip on my shoulder, a big one. Because for all the success and good fortune I’ve had with dogs, hunting, and ranching. You couldn’t wrap your head around how much was taken from me at one point in time.

How any grown man could allow himself you draw an opinion on someone they’ve never met is beyond me. But it ain’t nothing like some hog hunting turn a bunch of grown men into a bunch of gossiping, ass hurt little girls. I for one am no hog hunters. Got a few dogs that will do it though.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: