April 19, 2024, 09:47:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Good hog  (Read 525 times)
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: March 12, 2023, 11:08:27 pm »

I think those of you hog men could appreciate this one. Went and hit some new country neighbors a place we have cattle on feed. Had a few decent hogs on camera. So me and Tim went  and made a few cast today. First go out of the box we sent them in a thicket with a. Big canal that’s dammed off runs through the middle of it for a couple hundred yards. About 1000 yards from our bunks. Cast Curtis sketch shaw roach and gidgit. Winds perfect at about 15 mph in their face. 150 or so to canal they all split. Curtis and sketch cross the canal and take a second to find what tree he was under. 200 had him stood up. He broke when the young dogs started to show. About 100 yard sprint and they showed treed. We go around they’re right off a concrete bridge in a dry portion of that canal. Pull up grab lizzo and cardi. I make the corner and realize they are caught and it’s a little better hog than I had on camera. Sent lizzo and cardi and went to flip him and realized he was a pretty good man. Laid him on his side and took something from him, and after a few minute stand off. We went our separate ways. Somebody’s gonna get to kill a wall hanger one day.

https://vimeo.com/807376011

https://vimeo.com/807376059
  He has a heck of a head on him and some real hooks.

Hunted the other hogs I had on camera to no avail. Pulled out went to a neighbor to the west. Sent sketch up a thin long Mott of brush with wind in her face. 440 and bayed. Get around and it breaks as were sending help. 150 lb piggy sow. She spun the dogs out pretty good a few hundred yards south and we caught her slipping across a hay meadow headed east to the canal. Swung lizzo from a long ways off. Cur dogs were behind pretty good. Long story short ended with lizzo and Tim’s pup roach caught on her in a meadow on the south end of that canal after a .6 or so race.

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2023, 06:10:03 am »

That is a fine boar for sure. Catch one like that when he is fresh can be a handful for sure. Nice dog work.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2023, 08:37:01 am »

Real nice hog and you’re right, he’ll be a wall hanger for sure one day. Sounds like a good hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slim9797
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2023, 09:21:19 am »

Thanks guys. Hopefully we catch up to him in a couple years.
 Made us another one Sunday afternoon.  See if these guys actually stay home like I’ve been told they will if you’ll cut them where you catch them.

We run dillo dogs that trash on hogs
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2023, 09:02:48 pm »

Nice future Barr! He’s a good bit liter

NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2023, 05:02:57 am »