April 23, 2024, 12:58:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunt with the Georgia twins  (Read 541 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: March 24, 2023, 05:30:40 pm »

Well, the Georgia twins made it out to Texas. I enjoyed it a bunch. We really didn’t have a great hunt on any of the three trips we made but it for sure could’ve been worse. Y’all probably won’t believe it but there was a BUNCH of sh$$ talking lol. First hunt we hunted Muddy’s dogs. Ole Jamima and one other dog that I can’t remember the name of, hit a track in the pasture and went and kicked in the hogs front door. I think it made him mad a lil bit! We had sent more dogs and by the time we got in there to the bay, it was a crime scene. They had a ninja that Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan together wouldn’t have wanted to mess with. Sexsquatch was on one side of the bay and Muddy and I were on the other with our catch dogs. The hog was bedding under a dead tree that couldn’t have fallen in a better way against a bunch of briars and under brush to create a little cave more or less. I saw him dart across the entrance to get on a dog so I sent Loki and he sent Rock. We got him tied but ended up dispatching him because we had to get in hurry up gear to get dogs to the vet. I’ll tell y’all, ole Jamima has heart if she doesn’t have anything else!! Old girl was worse than bad off and never quit. Every dog there took some shots but she was worst for sure. He won’t do it to anything else! It was a rough start for sure.

Next hunt Deputy Dawg and our hunting buddy Jay went. We had several dogs on the ground. You know how it is when everyone wants to hunt something and the weather doesn’t really allow you to drop a couple then pick them up and drop a couple more. Knowing this I didn’t take any dogs but Jay and Deputy Dawg hunt the same family. The south wind was blowing straight to us and where we cast from, Ham Branch runs right through there so the scent cone was funneling right to us. The dogs left like they had mapquest on. They went 1.5-1.7 on a line and bayed 3 hogs. We get there and Catch a decent boar. Sexsquatch’s gyp Cardi took a shot on that one. The dogs rolled over and got all spread out. I had given my Ray puppy to Jay and he had brought him. He’s just now 11-12 months and his 6th hunt. The little dude split off by himself and bayed .88 from us. Being he’s young we went on to him. The hog had gotten to some other hogs. We sent JJ and he missed for whatever reason, it was too thick to see why. Ended up with just a pig. The other dogs were bayed back where we came from. We get back to them
and they had a wad of good hogs in a big blow down. We sent JJ and Rock and as luck would have it a little boar about 120ish pounds was gonna show out and protect his ladies. So guess who got caught? The hogs rallied and wanted to gang up on the dogs so as we were climbing in we were trying to flush them out. The dogs rolled over and got another spotted hog singled out in a bad briar thicket. We got a little too close trying to see which way to send the catch dogs and caused it to break. It went towards the highway. We called the dogs back and called it a hunt because it had gotten pretty warm and late. It was so spread out and we had to go so far around and so many gates that it took forever to get to dogs. I wish that they hadn’t have left  like they did but at the same time I can’t expect them to abandon scent when they smell it either. I was super proud for Jay and Ray.

Last hunt we went to a spot that we just picked up. Took mine and Muddy’s dogs plus Ray and cast. They went about 7-800 yards and were split bayed. We got a 160 yards or so from where Ray and one of Muddy’s dogs were bayed and the sucker broke. We went on around to where Ava, Captain, and Outlaw were bayed and by the time we got in there all the dogs were there. Caught a good spotted boar (170ish) and were going to get the buggy to load him and they put up bayed again. Caught a good red boar(180ish) and the dogs and loaded everything. Went and cast again and they left and bayed at about 800+ again. We figured out how to get in to them and caught a big sow (198) and loaded all the dogs and her and went to the house.

It was a good time with good dogs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2023, 05:33:12 pm »

Tried to post some pics but it isn’t cooperating. I’ll keep trying

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2023, 05:51:28 pm »

The ninja
Tell me they ain’t twins!!!!!!
Second day

t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2023, 05:53:02 pm »

3 from the last day

NLAhunter
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2023, 05:04:02 am »

Sounds like some good hunts and dog work hope the dogs heal up for y'all

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2023, 07:09:01 am »

Heck yeah glad yall got to get together and tie a few sure hope ol Jemima heals up fast she sure means alot to ol Muddy.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2023, 07:08:58 am »

Man ,, you had some good help didnt you ,,,  You shoulda been able to sit on the bike and eat honey buns all day>.LOL...  Sure hope his gyp heals up for him. Fine hogs for sure.

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2023, 11:56:53 am »

Sure hate the dogs got cut up. Hope ole Jemiama makes a full recovery. I got to meet ole Muddy and his twin at Earls. It was good to put a face on them.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
make-em-squeel
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2023, 12:50:52 pm »

stacking the pork there
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: