April 28, 2024, 09:41:23 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3/19/24 hunt  (Read 247 times)
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2024, 08:39:55 pm »

My buddy from Wisconsin was down and I invited Michael Fionella to come. Decided to hunt the marsh since we had a cold front. Turned Yellow loose and he started trailing a hundred yards in. Ran a mile or so and the hog swam. I dumped 3 pups behind him and caught Yellow. Those pups ran for two hours in big circles and when they got close
I toned them in. One of them Chief is a Littermate to Highwaters dog had some pretty serious cuts and a huge hernia on his flank. He has an appointment with the Vet first thing in the morning.
  Went down a ways got a strike and turned Hank and a pup loose. They went and jumped. Ran a couple of hours and we saw it. A 60# shoat so I toned them in. Went down a ways and turned Showtime out and he was bayed at about 200. Went in and caught a 100 # sow. Went down the bayou and turned Showtime out again and he jumped, ran about 300 yards and bayed 15 yards off the bank. We caught another 80-100 pounder. We were going to call it a day cause gators were out. Saw about 15. On the way in got a good strike and turned Hank out and he went a 100 yards or so and bayed. Getting the bulldog s out and just started to him and it broke. Turned yellow in and they ran about a hour and the hog beat us across the bayou and we caught the dogs. It was around 4 by then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2024, 11:32:08 pm »

Sounds like a lot of action. Glad your pup made it out. Maybe it was educational for your pup. Those gators sure make me nervous, they sure like dog!

HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2024, 01:26:24 pm »

Hope it’s good news for that male pup.  They gonna turn the wheels in another yr for us.  Y’all had a good round down there but man my hats off to y’all for dealing with them lizards.   I’d have button holes cut out of the boat seats where I’d been sitting.  lol. 

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2024, 04:46:59 pm »

It was good news from the Vet today. He said Chief was up and moving around pretty good today. What gets me is that pup ran for a good 45 minute to a hour more after being cut. There was one time around the hour mark that they showed bayed but it didn’t last more then a couple of minutes. Those dogs are way tougher than me. I would have been bawling on the side of the bayou waiting on a boat. lol. Barring infection he should be fine. That’s what got my Hillbilly dog. A month after being cut his stomach got infected.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2024, 08:01:04 pm »

He sounds like a tough dude. I love the drive and will to keep going

NLAhunter
Hog Master