June 17, 2024, 02:25:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pretty ok little hunt  (Read 399 times)
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« on: May 21, 2024, 06:54:58 am »

Me and Deputy Dawg cast dogs yesterday and as soon as they left, we drove around to the east side of this particular set of woods. It takes a minute to get around there but the hogs like to break that direction or go northwest. It’s easier to get to the ones that go northwest so we were going to try and outsmart them. About halfway around the dogs showed bayed. We drive down next to the wood line and head in. We were expecting a group but they had a solo boar. He wasn’t big but toothy. Gonna make a nice Barr hog.

Ranger and Rooster left and went west while Outlaw, Moon, and Ray went east.
Moon barked a couple of times but got quiet immediately. Then Ranger and Rooster bayed at a little more than half a mile west. We went to those two and caught another little boar. It was a jungle and was already getting pretty warm so I stuck that one.

By this time, Outlaw and Moon were bayed back in the original set of woods. Ray had made it to us and was bayed with Ranger and Rooster. We loaded them all and went to the other two. This was the only bad part of the hunt. The Dawg was handling my catch dog, also named Ranger, and I had my nogo Apollo. We got right up to the bay and I was looking to see where to send the catch dogs from. They had a hog bayed in a pile of dead fall. Outlaw was on one side and Moon on the opposite. On Outlaws side there was one small opening and he was standing up in it. Catch dog Ranger decided that he was ready to go and took off. He went in through the door Outlaw was in but the problem was that the door was too small for 2. He shoved Outlaw, despite Outlaw’s best efforts not to be, right in on top of the hog. Luckily it was a sow and Outlaw wasn’t hammered because of Ranger’s lack of discipline. We called it a day at that point because it was hot already. I was tired of all the female briars in there too! They were trying to tear my clothes off the whole morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2024, 08:58:07 am »

Cant beat that man,,  Sounds like the dogs done what they needed to do... Its getting hot quick so just go naked next time and itll make it easier on the women and the briars  LOL 

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
WayOutWest
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2024, 11:13:36 am »

It's too bad they don't pay money for BS, cause you would be a billionaire. Lol
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2024, 12:43:06 pm »

Lmbo WOW

Highwater, it would probably make it easier on me too. I’m sure the hogs would fall out laughing. They wouldn’t have the air to run.

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2024, 06:19:12 pm »

Sounds like y’all doing all the good. As for those female briars show them your wallet they will back off lol

williamsld
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2024, 07:41:17 pm »

Sounds like a good hunt and dog work!

If you’re gonna listen to Highwater DON’T post pictures next hunt haha

if you cant be smart quote smart people

the more i learn about people the more i love my dog - Mark Twain
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2024, 09:59:44 pm »

Judge, the females are just so impulsive. They just go to pawing and clawing. It makes me feel so cheap, like I’m just a piece of meat. I can only imagine that this is how Elvis felt.

Williamsld, that was funny! I have people wondering what the heck I busted out laughing about.

l.h.cracker
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2024, 03:36:33 am »

Lol dang fine hunt sounds like them dogs are on auto pilot T-dog. You know I've been keeping a million dollar ideas on the back burner for several years now just waiting for the right time to launch it but it involves G-string bannana hammocks and hog huntin old farts just waiting for the right time to break the internet lmao.

Wisdom is something you get right after you need it.
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2024, 05:18:02 am »

Cracker, I guarantee you that would get plenty of views. That would take the Aussies hunting in shorts to a whole new level!

Cajun
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2024, 11:44:07 am »

Good hunt. I would have barred that boar with the two white legs too. He would be a easy one to remember. It is sure warming up for sure.

Bayou Cajun Plotts
Happiness is a empty dogbox
Relentless pursuit
t-dog
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2024, 03:06:39 pm »

I think it’s supposed to hit triple digits here this weekend. It’s almost like the thermostat is low enough that the little kids are switching it from cold to hot, cold to hot. No warm in the middle.

Judge peel
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2024, 08:32:56 pm »

lol Tdog you should get a job with Netflix as a comedy writer

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: