April 24, 2024, 02:30:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ALVIN TEXAS AREA, WHY DO YOU DO THIS  (Read 6678 times)
Bump
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2009, 04:41:14 pm »

My first thought was why dont they have a tracking system and collars on their dogs?

I definitely agree with considering deer hunters, season and neighboring properties but who really knows? The most logical theory is some jack ace was not being too smart or taking care of business and could very well possibly be a bad apple.....but it may not be the case as well.

My area is loaded with deer hunters. I quit hunting 7 ranches during deer season but do hunt 1. That one ranch I hunt has 2800 acres with no hunters and no hunters on the joining two ranches of 2500 acres and 1200 acres. That is 6500 acres to hunt. I have an additional 5000 with retrieval rights and permission after deer season.

I still hunt the 6500 acres during deer season and have had the dogs just last week get on the 2500 acres with hunters. That kinda makes things difficult and for the most part can keep my dogs on the 6500 acres.

Sometimes things happen and I cant cut the dogs off or they range or trail too far. I would hate to be the big jack ace yall are talking about if that happened to me.  Grin

Only difference in me is...I only hunt during the night and notify the hunters or land owners (if a situation is to occur), have tracking collars and would never leave without my dog(s).

Rex Bumpus
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: