April 19, 2024, 12:17:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RCD's, stag, greyhound, dane, wolfhound, deerhound,dogo ???  (Read 8789 times)
Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2009, 09:48:43 am »

L3's dog shipped in at 6:300 this morning, just a pup but I like is attitude. Looks like he will be big and fast. I believe he is 7 months old, 28" and 71lbs.

W-tate
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2009, 10:18:44 am »

Thats. Blue?    Looks alot bigger then he did in the pictures Josh sent.  Me.   Did u see the pics of his dad.   Is a monster

Well, the devil made me do it the first time The second time I done it on my own
Lord, put a handle on a simple headed man And help me leave that black rose alone
Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2009, 11:10:20 am »

He is a pretty big dog right now, I like how he is built. The stud dog he is by is a really well put together BIG dog.

Monteria
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 11:16:37 am »

Cool looking dog.... The way you describe your hunting method, those legs ought to get him there QUICK!

Steve
buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2009, 02:54:18 pm »

CODY, here she is. Hard to get even this crappy shot as she would not hold still. She is 24 inches at the shoulder. If I had to guess weight, I would say 70 lbs ? She is heavier than she looks, pretty solid build with a strong neck and back legs. Catching on the ear now !
dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2009, 04:53:52 pm »

L3's dog shipped in at 6:300 this morning, just a pup but I like is attitude. Looks like he will be big and fast. I believe he is 7 months old, 28" and 71lbs.

man he looks good.  hope he gets after a hog.  he'll dang sure get there in a hurry at least.
Cristina
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2009, 07:56:45 pm »

When I lived in San Bernardino, California I was maybe 5 years old and our neighbor had two of those dogs and we use to ride them!!! I always wondered what kind of dogs they were I will never forget them they were taller than me!! Beautiful, big, and gentle dogs. Those are some good looking crosses yall have there.

Anything can be a weapon if your holding it right.
mradel
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2009, 10:12:49 pm »

Paul, these is no Stag in that dog and the reason Josh wanted to try him. You where a little off. He is 5/8 Scotish Deerhound, and 3/8 Irish Wolfhound. Cody's dog is a true Stag with the greyhound in her. Thats why she and Buck are much smaller than this pup at 2.5 years old. And if you talk to the Ozzies about Stags they say that a Stag should only have Deerhound and Greyhound nothing else. Dang good looking pup. I really like that focused look he has.
mradel
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2009, 10:17:11 pm »

Wacey, thats the dog formerly known as Blue. I think Josh is going to change his name to Drover.
rafterfpuncher
Catch Dog

WWT Official Scorer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2009, 10:40:40 pm »

I haven't seen this new dog yet, but from what Paul tells me, I'd like to cross him over my Daisey dog: 1/2 pit-1/2 Airedale.  I think that might just be what I'm looking for.  She is 1 yr. old, and about 65-70 pounds right now.  Have sent her from as far as 350-400 yds so far.

IF YOU CAN'T RUN WITH THE BIG HOGS KEEP YOUR DOGS AT THE HOUSE!!!!!
Black Gold
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2009, 07:28:51 am »

Buddy,

Really like the way your girl is looking.....she and her brother are very simillar.  I will put him on a hog next week if everything works out.

I do like the looks of L3's new male.  I always love watching the running dogs mature.....He will be a big boy for sure. 

CODY WEISER - WWT Founder & Official Scorer - T.D.H.A. Advisor
dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2009, 09:08:43 am »

buddylee

here's Leah, my dogo x ab female that i'm going to breed to L3's dane, Riddick,  when she's a little over 2 years old.  she's about 10-10.5 months now so i've got a wait yet.

these aren't very recent but you'll get the idea

buddylee
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2009, 12:51:52 pm »

She is a nice lookin bitch. Should make some good dogs when bred to Riddick. How does she catch so far ?
dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2009, 01:02:23 pm »

She is a nice lookin bitch. Should make some good dogs when bred to Riddick. How does she catch so far ?

I'm very happy with her.  She hasn't had much exposure as i just barely showed her her first hog just last weekend.  But, i plan on picking up the pace here REALLY soon.  i'm going to start hunting my 2 dogs pretty regular now, and more frequently once deer season is over with.
W-tate
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2009, 04:13:20 pm »

Butcher how big is ur dogoxamerican bull dog gyp I got one i am bringin up  she will be a year old in march she can run   Takes big strides and will catch and hold a 120 pounder right now

Well, the devil made me do it the first time The second time I done it on my own
Lord, put a handle on a simple headed man And help me leave that black rose alone
Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2009, 05:21:04 pm »

L3's Blue dog shows to be very game. Showed him a pig today and got quite stired up Grin.

dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2009, 05:46:49 pm »

Butcher how big is ur dogoxamerican bull dog gyp I got one i am bringin up  she will be a year old in march she can run   Takes big strides and will catch and hold a 120 pounder right now

she's like 73lbs right now, and about 22.5" at the shoulder.  she still hasn't had her first heat cycle yet.  i don't know how much truth there is to it but they say they still got some growing time left and they taper off after their first cycle.  don't know how much truth there is to that.  but i don't expect her to get more than probably 85-90lbs and probably 23-23.5" tall.   she's pretty dang quick  i don't know how big a pig she'll handle yet.  but once i get her good and holding on the ear then i'll start increasing their size as she gets better.  i'd like to try her on something in the 175-225lb range and see how she handles herself.  a few months of training hogs and staged hunts and she'll be good to go.
dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2009, 06:22:36 pm »

L3's Blue dog shows to be very game. Showed him a pig today and got quite stired up Grin.

that's great news, Paul.  I can't wait to see some field pics of him in some Milo or CRP fields.  I know it's a little early to tell but i think he's gonna fit the bill especially after he finishes growing and fills out.
dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2009, 08:03:59 pm »

you get to try that dog out anymore, Paul??
Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2009, 08:40:38 pm »

I turned a hog out for him today. He did real good. He can really run and is hitting the hog and spinning him and looking for the ear. Still just a puppy but it looks like he is going to make a hog dog.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: