March 28, 2024, 10:39:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lucked out last night  (Read 678 times)
sbrooks
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: May 10, 2008, 02:09:59 pm »

Well i have been having to put in a bunch of mandatory overtime here lately and last night was no different.  i was rather p.o.'ed that i had to go in on my saturday night, but my whole mood changed when i was on my way in.  As i was going under the bypass i looked over at the big diesel price sign at the truck stop and what do i see?  A truck load of guys with a box full of curs and cat's, and two pits on the top with vest's on.  When i saw them i was almost tempted to jump the curb wheel through the grass and block them in so they couldnt leave before i had a chance to talk with them.  It was'nt really that dramatic but you get the picture.  The only other people down here that i am aware of the dog are Russ and his buddies, so i was totally suprised to see them.  Anyways got out of the truck and struck up conversation with them found out we know some of the same people and have been eyeballing the same "good lookin" places to run some dogs,  so after a while i remembered i had to get to work but not before i was invited along for some hunting.  It's funny i have been trying to hold off trying to get some dogs back together since my last got poisoned and waiting to finish with my finals.  I had my last final on friday evening, met these guys last night and have some prospect pups that will hopefully one day be a bang up group of dogs.  All night long i was busting at the seams waiting to get home and tell the wife and waiting for my partner to get back in town to let him know we may have just gotten an in down here.  I guess things just have a way of working out. Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: