October 11, 2026, 06:43:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cur Named Fatty --- Owned by Mr. Hobosn I believe  (Read 2491 times)
scdogman
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 274


View Profile
« on: December 23, 2009, 05:36:04 am »

Do anyone know of the a cur name Fatty or fatties that was owned by Mr. Hobson.  If so, could you tell me about him and his hunting style.  Also, do you know of any offspring still live. 


If you do know mr. hobson,  please PM his contact info.

Thanks
Logged
Circle C
Administrator
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5372


WWT Official Scorer


View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2009, 07:13:49 am »

I don't have any contact info for Mr. Hobson, but there is quite a few people around grapeland that have "fatty" dogs. I had a dog that was sired by a fatty son in grapeland 3 years ago, I imagine that dog is still around. I can dig up the mans contact info if you need it. He might be able to point you in the right direction.
Logged

Never get too busy making a living that you forget to make a life.
Txmason
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 738



View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2009, 07:36:02 am »

Bill Hobson last # I had is 936-687-2435
I hunted behind Fatty and he was a good solid dog.
Think he was teaching at the high school there.
Logged

Douglas Mason
979-733-0578
www.txmasoncatahoulas.com
www.tdha.org
Mike
Administrator
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 10276



View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2009, 10:15:00 am »

I hunted behind Fatty one weekend right after Mr. Hobson bought him. Pretty impressive dog, he was baying another one as the one caught was being tied. I think he rolled out on six or eight hogs that were caught back to back on that hunt.

PM Findahog on here... I believe he knows Drew up in Athens that had some Fatty offspring.
Logged

kevin
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 762



View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2009, 10:19:41 am »

 Scdogmans dog, I got from Drew when he was around a year if I remember right.  He is off of Fatty/Sally.
Logged
Findahog
Strike Dog
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 429



View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2009, 01:20:12 pm »

I beleive Bill sold all his dogs. Drue has a little of fatty blood left. I will try to get him on here.
Logged

Find A Hog
Drue
Bay Dog
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 30


View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2009, 02:24:12 pm »

hello,
Mike, Kevin how ya'll doing? been awhile!
I sold the daughter of Fatty/Sally to a guy in Grand Saline and she is and was a hogdog for sure. He breed her to a mountain cur and gave me one of the pups and its comong on real good (several out of the litter are doing real good) so he's going to make the cross again.

There ought to be some Fatty offspring around Grapeland, Bill had several the last time I was over there. If anyone finds out let me know.
Logged
Circle C
Administrator
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 5372


WWT Official Scorer


View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2009, 02:28:58 pm »

There is a man named Henry in the Grapeland area, he hunts off of mules, and worked at Nucor in Jewitt. He should have some, I will have to get the number from Mandi.
Logged

Never get too busy making a living that you forget to make a life.
Mike
Administrator
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 10276



View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2009, 02:58:59 pm »

Drue, how the hell are you man! It's been a long time... how's them boys doing? I bet they're all grown up now.
Logged

Drue
Bay Dog
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 30


View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2009, 08:59:43 pm »

Hey Mike,
I'm still after them!  Findahog, me, and the boys have been having a big time the last few years. Rowdy is 21 now, Jake 18, and Josey 16. They've been in and out you probably can remember those years, but there still in there!  Hard to get them up for a morning time hunt but once there up they are glad they went!
Like to get together with ya'll again somtime, just hollar and will do it.
Logged
Mike
Administrator
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 10276



View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 09:06:21 pm »

Drue, time sure does fly by! That had to be about 8 years back when we hunted together... them boys were just little fellas then. We sure need to get together and do some huntin' and catching up after deer season.
Logged

kevin
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 762



View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 09:36:05 pm »

Pretty good.  Good to see you here.  Stick around.
Logged
Drue
Bay Dog
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 30


View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 09:40:25 pm »

Let's get together soon guys, I'd like to see ya'll again and catch some hogs. Kevin you still in Richland?
Logged
Mike
Administrator
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 10276



View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 09:43:09 pm »

Sounds good, we got some places to run up around Centerville after deer season. Oughta about right in the middle for all of to meet.
Logged

kevin
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 762



View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 09:50:49 pm »

Yes sir
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!