April 20, 2024, 08:38:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunting dogs and the effect on deer  (Read 2674 times)
cward
Hog Doom

View Profile
« on: March 04, 2010, 07:22:10 am »

Well this is a fact!! I had a well managed deer lease ask me to run my hog dogs all the way through Bow season to run the hogs out!! There are 20 people on this lease and of coarse some said for us to stay away from there feeders and did not agree with the rest of the leaser about us running our dogs that close to gun season!! This is where it gets funny the 3 guys that did not want us to run by there feeders all were on the same end of the lease!! So we doged the rest of the lease hard and they went from seeing 20 hogs on game camera to seein 20 deer on game camera (that is just an estimate) but the guy that did not let us dog had a crap load of hogs and NO deer!! The president of the lease told me that this was the best opening  weekend they have ever had!! Now if you think about it everyone I talked to said this was the worst deer season they had as for as hunting it was tuff!! The other 3 leaser have agreed to let me do there feeders next year being all they seen was hogs and maybe I could push all the hogs onto the next lease instead of there feeders!! We remove around 30 head of hogs in this lease in a month and half!!

Hog hunting can start more crap than anything I have ever seen!(HDLCrystal)
Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: