April 20, 2024, 09:33:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pit laws?  (Read 1959 times)
HogzgoneWild
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2010, 07:08:46 pm »

Has anyone heard of a law being passed about insurance having to be carried on the breed. A fella told me of this earlier this evening.

"pain is just fear leavin the body"
TDHA member/TLGDA supporter
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Victor Dealer/Promoter
W-tate
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 08:57:57 pm »

certian insurace comepanys wont right you a home owners policy if u have certian breeds of dogs   like pitts rotts  dobermans things like that had a buddy buy a house and he just got in to that

Well, the devil made me do it the first time The second time I done it on my own
Lord, put a handle on a simple headed man And help me leave that black rose alone
dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 10:10:52 pm »

i've heard nothing about this at the state level but that's not to say certain municipalities couldn't pass that as an ordinance.  And, I've heard the same thing about insurance companies denying policy coverage for certain dog breeds.
HogzgoneWild
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 07:42:25 am »

Yeah, I knew about the home owner's insurance, expierienced it  myself, but he was set on hearing it himself on a T.V. broadcast by Gov. Perry. I guess he took it wrong, I figured if it was true it'd be all over the board. Thanks

"pain is just fear leavin the body"
TDHA member/TLGDA supporter
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Victor Dealer/Promoter
eastx
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 01:27:34 pm »

We changed insurance after the first year on our house, and farmers home owners went through a list of breeds asking if we owned any of them. BMC and Shi Tzu were not on the list so we were good
aladatrot
Global Moderator
Boar Slayer

Circle C Australian Shepherds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 12:51:16 pm »

Currently in Texas, it is unlawful to enact bans on specific breeds or to require an insurance policy on a person's dogs based on breed alone. There is a dangerous dog law, which requires an insurance policy on individual dogs deemed as "dangerous". All these municipalities who are trying to put into place "breed specific" bans on pit bulls are doing so against state law in hopes of setting a precedent. The idea is that if enough municipalities adopt these bans, the state legislators will repeal the current law prohibiting it. This is why it is so important to be on top of potential Breed Specific Legislation (BSL) even when it doesn't affect the town you live in.

I am a firm believer in that there are good and bad dogs within every breed. You can't tell me that a breed as a whole is dangerous. I feel like Pits are experiencing the same issues that Rotties and Dobies experienced in the 80's. They are currently a popular breed, and everyone wants one whether they have dog experience or not. The same people who let their dacshounds chase and bite the neighbor kids are now buying pits because they are "in style". It should be no surprise that the pits will get more attention in the media when they chase and bite the neighbor kids with their dacshound buddy.

Cheers
M

At least I'm successful at doing nothing right. I guess it could be worse.
mudhog24
Catch Dog

America Needs American Oil

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2010, 08:34:37 pm »

well kind of off topic here but when i was a lil lad i had a uncle who had a chow that attacked me i flew in a helicopter spent several weeks in hospital and then weeks in neck brace i had over 300 stiches in my neck it got me by the jugular and asophocus i still have scars today i believe people get to comfortable around certain dogs i am guilty of it lets not forget what we let our bull dogs do.......insurance or not just be cautious....i have a bull dog and two lil boys she loves but i will never let them around her alone i only let her off chain when im outside by myself be careful guys

Mr.Mudhog24
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: