March 29, 2024, 09:42:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: blue lacy pups?  (Read 2713 times)
NoLove
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2010, 08:14:42 pm »

can anyone here put me in touch with someone close to the louisiana/Texas line that has pure blue lacy blood from a hog hunting stock...thanks Jesse
Piglywigly
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 08:19:50 pm »

Contact blue lacy on here, I'm sure she could point ya in the right direction.
kds308
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 08:36:03 pm »

There is a guy near where I live at that has pure Blue Lacy. But I dont think that he has any pups right now. He lives in Cameron, Texas.

GOIN HUNTIN
TrueBlueLacys
Strike Dog

TDHA & NLDA Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 08:53:09 pm »

DJ and Amber Middleton have a litter on the way out of two proven hog dogs. They are located in Alto, TX. You can see pictures of them on their website, http://www.lowfamilyranch.com/lacy_dogs, the parents are Aggie and Tuff. I know they plan on keeping some of the puppies for themselves, but I'd definitely talk to Amber about getting on the list. Her email is amberlowmiddleton@aggienetwork.com.

HogzgoneWild
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2010, 07:56:16 am »

If I wanted a working Lacy(hog hunting) I would definately go with the Middleton's or where my male came from the Low's. Truebluelacy's can help you get in touch with either.

"pain is just fear leavin the body"
TDHA member/TLGDA supporter
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Victor Dealer/Promoter
NoLove
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 04:50:36 pm »

plese put me in touch... thanks
hogdoggerdude14
Strike Dog

hog doggin is what we do

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 05:43:35 pm »

Any pures near San anton

Hv
Monteria
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 07:58:48 pm »

Any pures near San anton

Pure, plenty. The TLGDA is located there. Performance, far fewer. Be sure to do your home work!

Steve
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 06:41:39 am by Monteria » Logged
Rachael Connally
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 08:36:15 pm »

Definitely do your homework before purchasing any dog.  Look in to the registries and breed clubs and get acquainted with the expectations for working ability, personality, and other issues.  You can get good dogs from the LGDR, but, as has already been said, do your homework on the line you are looking into.  As with any breed, there are some lines that have been proven to work their tails off and some that are nothing but house-pets.

I've got a cream female that I need to move.  She's from my old gritty male and a younger female.  She's about six months now and is ready to start hitting it hard in the pen and getting ready for the woods.  She has a lot of drive, but still needs work on the focus of that drive.  I'm located in La Vernia, just south of San Antonio.  PM me if you're interested, please.
HogzgoneWild
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 09:12:22 pm »

Do your homework as said, registry has nothing to do with working ability if you do your homework. Both my male and female are TLGDA registered, as any pups in the future will be. Both hunt and do it well, as some on here can vouch for. Just check into any potential pup, parents, grandparents, how they hunt, how long and how far you can go back with the working line. My 20 cents.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Victor Dealer/Promoter
Monteria
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 06:41:08 am »

Ill admit that I should have stated that a bit differently. I have gotten two good TLGDA registered dogs my self. That is 2 out of 13!  Shocked

Anyone can produce a good performance progeny on occasion, no matter how randomly it occurs. And when a registry produces that # of pups, some are bound to break the mold.

Anyway, do your research and best of luck to you.

Steve
Monteria
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 06:48:00 am »

If I wanted a working Lacy(hog hunting) I would definately go with the Middleton's or where my male came from the Low's. Truebluelacy's can help you get in touch with either.

Do your homework as said, registry has nothing to do with working ability if you do your homework. Both my male and female are TLGDA registered, as any pups in the future will be. Both hunt and do it well, as some on here can vouch for. Just check into any potential pup, parents, grandparents, how they hunt, how long and how far you can go back with the working line. My 20 cents.

PS: The Low's and Middleton's are no longer involved with the TLGDA. In fact, the Middleton's were active and essential in the formation of the NLDA (lacybreed.com), along with 99% of the other Lacy Dog breeders who actually expect their dogs to perform  Wink

Steve
Cull Buck
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 08:34:34 am »

100% agree.  My male came with TLGDA papers but I never registered him.  Paper work means little to me unless I was going to breed and need it to justify what I was charging.  There are plenty of good lacys out there but there is even more garbage....just do your home work and don't get caught up in the politcs of the lacy world.

"I'm like lunch meat.....always ready" - Eric Barnes

Took Savoy to the swamp and he promtly got his v-card punched.

He's out.  And you're out.  And i don't think I'm in either.
boarwild
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 09:41:11 am »

my brother-in-law has some pups right now.  he has two ready to go and a liter of 10 just born.  The parents are NOT hog dogs, but are blood trailing dogs, with cattle working background.  However, one of my buddies has a male from one of his old liters and he is his main strike dog.  i am taking one of the males myself, so there may be one left after today unless he sales them both then i will wait for the next liter. The two pups below are out of Mary (that are ready to go), which is out of Jethro from the old Hines bloodline.  Mary was born and raised on the Valero Ranch in Kerrville, TX and was used exclusivelly for tracking game.  Mary still works when he gets calls for wounded deer.  The other two were out of a female he got from a game warden that he used for tracking wounded game.  They were sold last liter to the Broken Arrow ranch and are doing well as working cattle dogs.  They are not registered.  you can call him or text him for more pictures or info at 979-218-5578.  He just sold a male to a guy from LA yesterday.  I don't know if he has picked him up yet but maybe he can get one for you as well.  if you want anymore history you can PM me, or any questions about the dogs he has sold that are hog dogs.   

TDHA BOD
www.tdha.org

Get'em boys
HogzgoneWild
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 09:18:57 pm »

Good lookin lacy pups right there.

Victor Dealer/Promoter
boarwild
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2010, 06:51:23 am »

well he thanks you for the comment.  i know and now that i am finally in the family i actually get to have one.  Grin  he has been stingy with them till now.  I finally talked him into giving me one when i told him he could use my registered lacy as a stud dog.  Nothing's free anymore (even with family). lol 

TDHA BOD
www.tdha.org

Get'em boys
NoLove
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2010, 11:59:51 am »

Thanks ...but im looking for a pup off hog hunting stock, Im not interested in buying from a puppy pedler! they can keep the papers I dont care about them
a-khunter
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2010, 12:26:06 pm »

just for the record, i dont think he is a puppy pedler.  he is selling his pups as working dogs to various ranches. 

i do agree that papers dont make a dog, but to each their own.  and the registered lacy boarwild is referring to as a stud dog is a working dog that he uses for hog hunting. 

you shouldnt knock someone you dont even know for just trying to help you out. 
boarwild
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 12:52:52 pm »

Thanks A-khunter.  No he is not a puppy peddler if he was i would have posted the puppies in the dog trade.  He breeds for ranches all around central texas and now Louisiana.  he doesn't need you as a buyer.  He never has a problem selling the pups to WORKING homes.  i was only trying to help you out.  If you don't want help then don't ask for it.  No they are not hog hunters but they are bred hunters and workers.  If i didn't know what they were capable of i wouldn't be getting one myself.  I am not going to express openly how i feel about that comment being i have more respect then you do for other poeple on this board.  if you don't agree with a post of mine or have something negative to say to me.  PM me. don't bash me or my brother-in-law on an open board.  Good luck with finding a pup though.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 01:23:50 pm by boarwild » Logged

TDHA BOD
www.tdha.org

Get'em boys
NoLove
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2010, 06:55:59 pm »

oh no, Im not bashing you.....  Thanks anyway Iam  just looking for hog dogs only and "puppy pedler" was the worng word to use.... sorry
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 07:15:34 pm by NoLove » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: