April 28, 2024, 03:08:48 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: heart worms possibly/ ivemec last week.  (Read 1176 times)
kull
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2010, 07:21:30 pm »

My ole yeller dog not doing good. I MIXED up the Valbazen with 10cc ivemec last week (thurs). cause he wouldn't gain weight. Hunted him sunday no big deal. Today he Barely came out of House to eat. Not drinking and only picking at raw meat. prob take him to vet tomorrow.
Probably gonna need the location of that cheap Vet that takes care of heart worms.

Thanks.

Pull My Fanger.
chopper
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 07:58:25 pm »

did you give the dog 10cc of ivamec i think you are only supposed to give them 1/10 0f a cc or 1cc at the most hope your dog gets better

looks like were getting wet
3-Bdogs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 09:28:17 pm »

wondering the same thing if you gave more than 1 cc of ivermec you prob just killed your dog we could be wrong or confused bout your post... i would def take him to the vet

You goin to do somthing or just stand there and bleed (tombstone)
kull
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 03:18:42 am »

No sir. i wasn't clear on that post. What i meant to say was, i mixed 10cc ivemec with 500ml Valbazen then gave him 10cc of the 500ml mix.

Thanks

Pull My Fanger.
3-Bdogs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 10:40:49 am »

lol ya man i was about to say that poor dog is burnin up inside and im not exactly sure about your dog but i had one do that to me took him to vet he said that his heartworms were so bad that the ivermec aggravated them he stayed at the vet for awhile got him home he died 2 months later vet said it was just cause his worms were so bad dog was also 8 yr old and ran hogs his whole life so that's hard to say

You goin to do somthing or just stand there and bleed (tombstone)
kull
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 07:58:14 pm »

Got him to the vet first thing this morn..Vet said he was positive for heartworms.. But the major prob was a serious infection of some sort causing high fever. He prescribed cephelexin 500mg.
 Said to bring him back next week to start heartworm treatment at a cost of around $510. Dang it.

Thanks.

Pull My Fanger.
tonyamm30
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 11:41:48 pm »

Sorry to hear about your dog testing positive to heart worms.  I know the treatment is high but, money is made and spent...very replinishable but, a good dog is not.  If he means alot to you...you probly couldnt buy another one like him for double the vet amount.  Hope things get better.  Look on the bright side, you may have caught it soon enough that you saved the big money and his life.  Good luck to you and your dog.   Keep us posted.

Justin & Tonya Waterman
lonewolf
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 01:39:25 pm »

You need a second opinion on the cost of treating heart worms! I just got through treating one and the total cost was 250.00.

Fear is only a word in the mind of the weak!
kull
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 07:26:27 pm »

Lonewolf. He's the same vet you recommended. He quoted $250 per shot needing two shots. I'm in denison.
 I did a search on Bryan co animal hospital and read some reviews and they weren't good. bryan co Misdiagnosed our oldest family pet 3 yrs ago she died (prob some trainee). So iwas for shure going to use anyone besides them. I will start the treatments ASAP. I am going to call the coldsprings vet mon to git a quote from them. It might be worth the drive.
 Anyway th ole dog is doing much better, i bayed him at tushka today. Too bad he caught both times. I better keep my woods dogs in the woods. 

Thanks

Pull My Fanger.
lonewolf
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 08:15:34 pm »

I don't understand way the price defferance! One of my ABs was infected with heart worms he treated him 3 times thirty days apart and only charged $250.00 total. The vet that where I had him tested at  wanted $500.00 + to treat him. The dog is doing fine now! I hope yours turns out ok.

Fear is only a word in the mind of the weak!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: