March 18, 2024, 11:19:34 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hog hunt last night 8-3-10  (Read 1436 times)
H.E.A.T.
Bay Dog

H.E.A.T.

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2010, 02:10:18 pm »

Woohoo! No dry run anymore! We were walking in a pasture. At the back the dogs started going in the woods fast and nose to ground. Heard a "smell one" bark and then a few minutes later. We started hearing a "rat terrier" bark? No idea still whose dog that was. Then my son's dog started baying. We knew we had something. We started off to the hog and crossed a creek went through brush and thorn patches. We were about 30 yards away and cut CD loose. He was a new CD so he was alittle confused, so our friend ran in BEFORE the CD and caught the hog bare handed. He begins to yell "HELP! He's a big one and can't hold by myself" I was in there 2 seconds later and we flipped him to see he was HUGE! He weighs about 290lbs with about 3in cutters. We got him tied up and started checking dogs. Out of 6 dogs only 4 got cut up. One was cut pretty bad on the neck. The rest was pokes. Got the hog out to the truck with the dogs and took off. I didn't get to take photos last night but I will be going today to get the pics. Once I get them I will post some. My son is so proud of his new dog! He was told he has NEVER hunted at night in over 5 years. He done great last night! He was the one who was on trail first but he didnt get to the hog first. Which is ok! We just know he is a keeper!

H.OG
E.RADICATION
A.SSUALT
T.EAM
BarrNinja
Hog Doom

When the tailgate drops the excuses usually start!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 02:17:32 pm »

290 lbs is a handful for one man!lol

Good hunt! Hope the dogs heal up and hair over soon.

"No man should be allowed to be President who does not understand hogs." - President Harry Truman

“I like hogs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Hogs treat us as equals” - Sir Winston Churchill
H.E.A.T.
Bay Dog

H.E.A.T.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 02:37:26 pm »

Yeah he was a handful! Still stunned he done it by himself! lol

Thank you! They will be out of commission a couple weeks to heal! Got a few pups we need to check out now. See if they got what it takes.

H.OG
E.RADICATION
A.SSUALT
T.EAM
Rockin-P-Ranch
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 02:46:42 pm »

Sounds like a job well done. Glad the new dog did his job for you.Have over loaded my self a time or two before also,Once you commit it you cannt back off. Stay at them

Cowboys stay in the saddle longer.
Cutter Bay Kennels
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 03:54:10 pm »

Sounds like a dandy.

"To me it is not always about the game you caught, but the memories you can't let go of.   Wink  " Josh Farnsworth
djhogdogger
Hog Doom

Dinah Psencik from Dayton Tx.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 03:59:57 pm »

Awsome hunt, nothing gets your heart pumping like a monster hog! Wink  Sounds like that dog won't have any problems getting fed. LOL

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
tnhillbilly
Hog Doom

WWT Official scorer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 04:47:28 pm »

aint nothin like breakin a dry spell, hope your dry spell stays broke, and good luck with them pups. Wink Grin