March 28, 2024, 03:28:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ivomec worms  (Read 4931 times)
dub
Hog Doom

View Profile
« on: May 11, 2010, 09:36:27 pm »

Having a disagreement about what Ivomec treats. What worms are killed by Ivomec? When a dog drags his butt I think it is round worms but will Ivomec kill those too? If not what do I use?

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
chopper
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 10:07:49 pm »

ivamec is for heartworms not intestinal. there is tons of threads on here about worms try typing worms in search box on top right corner.

looks like were getting wet
Bryant
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:25:56 pm »

What worms are killed by Ivomec?

None. 

Ivomec is a heartworm preventative.  Any (intenestinal) active worm infestations should be treated with a broad spectrum wormer such as Strongid or Panacur.  Even then, there are some worms that are more resistant and will require a different approach.

A truly rich man is one whose children rush to fill his arms even though his hands are empty.
HIGHWATER KENNELS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2010, 11:41:34 pm »

Fellers, I dont know everything, but I do know that when I come into a new dog I worm him with Ivomec first off and I can tell you that I have seen dogs that the next day they were passin tape worms because of the ivomec.  The next day I would give them some more and they would pass some more until they passed them all.  Then they would clear up and not pass anymore and their coat would shine up and they would soon fill out when they eat their food.  It has worked for me ...I am not no dog vet but by givin my dogs ivomec once a month and givin them a D Worm tablet every 3 months my dogs have never had a problem.

Hoghunters do it deeper in the bush.
Bryant
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 12:03:37 pm »

Dead tapeworms won't be passed in the stool.  They are attached to the intestines, and will be absorbed upon dying.  If your seeing worms being passed, most likely they are roundworms.

If the D-Worm tablets your giving are the ones that contain Praziquantel (2 types of D-Worm) as the active ingredient, they will take care of tapes.

A truly rich man is one whose children rush to fill his arms even though his hands are empty.
catahoula
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 09:05:13 pm »

im with highwater on that my vet gives ivomec no questions asked if they dont start to get better we go to the drontil i just cant hardly get anything else to work
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: