April 27, 2024, 07:12:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: kennels  (Read 1244 times)
bayhard
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: August 27, 2008, 12:20:55 am »

im bulding a 40x20 building with 16 8x5 pens in it a dog in each pen im just worndering if the pens r going 2 b 2 small they will have water cooling cells and heat please give me ur in put

my dogs dont run deer but them hogs do
hogdoggin91
Catch Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 01:00:28 am »

sounds like it'll work. ours kennel building is about 25x30 and each kennel is 8x5 and are fine for the dogs. we have a walk way throught the middle.

bayhard
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 01:02:45 am »

mine will have a 4 foot walk way in it them i have a 12x12 buldinb 4 food and vest

Flatbroke
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 05:19:27 pm »

seems a little small, do you exercise the dogs every day? 

next time I shave my Ass, we are gonna have to glue it on them slick haired ones.
elliscounty2
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 08:35:15 pm »

thats a good size building for dog kennels.  I custom make dog kennels and most of mine I make for hog dogs are usually 5x10 or 5x12  these are not the biggest but u dont want the kennels to small.  I also make a 2x5 platform on the back of the kennels about 2 feet off the ground so the dogs can be used to jumping up this kind of helps when loading dogs.  theres nothing better than a dog jumping into the back of the pickup to load up.  picking your dog up gets old after a while.
clint
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 09:07:36 pm »

"picking your dog up gets old after a while."

you aint lyin,, lol, i have all but one that will load up

Quality over Quantity!

You gotta cut the boars to catch the Barrs.

Get Ahead Son!
bayhard
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 01:30:50 am »

my dogs and hunting is life from the time my dog r 4 months they see a hog in the woods r in a pen at least ever other dogi feel that they work 2 be feed and a big space just gives them more room to run off weight i teach to load up from as some as i can them wite dogs get heavy
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 01:56:44 am by bayhard » Logged

uglydog
Jelk's & Brick House Catahoulas
Global Moderator
Hog Doom

It's a good day to have a great day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 12:49:28 pm »

I feel like a "busy dog" or one that likes to run in the kennel alot is going to do it even if a little amount of space is provided. Then the end up walking through their own crap and slinging it everywhere (on you when walking through the isle) and mashing into concrete, guess what, it is much harder to keep clean, even with high pressure water.

I made my kennels very large, the dogs crap at one end and eat and sleep at the other so I don't have to clean them everyday if I am running behind schedule. I also like to keep two dogs per kennels as they like to socialize and play. My slab is 20 ft so my kennels are 19 long and 10 foot wide, this is good size for two dogs and they stay cleaner.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: