April 28, 2024, 05:35:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Dont mess with the hogs"  (Read 1221 times)
sfboarbuster
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: July 10, 2010, 09:21:08 am »

Well last night me and one of my buddies made a 2 hour ride to Alico ranch to shoot some coyotes. The part we were on was only about 110,000 acres Cheesy
Loaded up on the swamp buggy and rode for hours and hours, just dirt napping yotes, it was a great time, but the things I saw damn near made me cry.
LARGE BOAR EVERYWHERE!!!! You could ride a 100 yards to them before they took off, I swear we saw 40 hogs that were over 200 pounds!!! And we were not allowed to touch them :'(
I mean they were just standing out in the middle of 500 acre pastures, we could have just ran them down on the buggy and roped them if we wanted to. Oh well, the whole reason we are shooting the yotes is to try and get permission to hog hunt. I pray to god we do because I have never seen anything like this!!!

John Esker
jesse
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2010, 09:22:51 am »

take pixs next time would like to see that

all hog dogs go to heaven all hogs go to hell
Miller Lite
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2010, 09:23:19 am »

take pixs next time would like to see that

Sounds about like his back yard lol

Can you skin griz. pilgrim
Florida Curdog
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2010, 09:31:13 am »

That's enough to drive you nuts.

Smiling like a killer
BarrNinja
Hog Doom

When the tailgate drops the excuses usually start!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2010, 10:32:56 am »

Well last night me and one of my buddies made a 2 hour ride to Alico ranch to shoot some coyotes. The part we were on was only about 110,000 acres Cheesy
Loaded up on the swamp buggy and rode for hours and hours, just dirt napping yotes, it was a great time, but the things I saw damn near made me cry.
LARGE BOAR EVERYWHERE!!!! You could ride a 100 yards to them before they took off, I swear we saw 40 hogs that were over 200 pounds!!! And we were not allowed to touch them :'(
I mean they were just standing out in the middle of 500 acre pastures, we could have just ran them down on the buggy and roped them if we wanted to. Oh well, the whole reason we are shooting the yotes is to try and get permission to hog hunt. I pray to god we do because I have never seen anything like this!!!

HA HA! Sounds like you had a religious experience! From the sound of it, it would have been for most of us! I sure hope you get to dog it!

"No man should be allowed to be President who does not understand hogs." - President Harry Truman

“I like hogs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Hogs treat us as equals” - Sir Winston Churchill
joe
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2010, 02:28:22 pm »

good luck with the permission. me and a buddy know a guy thats a foreman for the citrus side of the business, we hunt his own 20 acre grove around his house.
hogaholicswife
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 02:30:36 pm »

Good Luck with that!  There are some awesome hogs out there...

The hubby used to hunt it with a man he grew up hunting with.  They pulled some awesome hogs out of there, I have a picture of one they caught with perfect whitters out of the pepper fields.

The employees started complaining because they were some of the "few" that were allowed to hunt and other "things" started happening so they stopped everyone from going for a while, haven't heard of any body hunting it recently so they are probably getting dog dumb.

They also do the big hunts around Christmasi think where all the big wigs come in and fill the walk in freezers up withdeer and hog...if you get it happy hunting cause I know the hubby is constantly asking when they are going to get permission to go back!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: