October 05, 2026, 02:28:07 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another tracking system question.  (Read 871 times)
levibarcus
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 523



View Profile
« on: August 16, 2010, 09:34:11 pm »

I didn't want to hijack the other thread about tracking systems, but I was wondering why you run a garmin and a radio system together. I don't have either one yet because I don't have a dog that's worth putting one on. Wink I saw several people talk about using both and was just curious.
Logged

But seek first the kingdom of God and all these things will be provided for you. Matthew 6:33
charles
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
**********
Offline Offline

Posts: 6233


2 burnin, 6 turnin powered by diesel


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 09:40:14 pm »

 iv heard that folks do that in case 1 syste fails or 1 looses signal and the other sys can be used. i huntd with a guy who ran both and thats what he told me. where he would hunt is very dense foilage canopy and the garmin would loose sat signal and he could use the radio telemetry collars to find his dogs.
Logged

Why should I trade one tyrant three thousand miles away for three thousand tyrants one mile away? An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a king can!
razorbackwelder
Bay Dog
**
Offline Offline

Posts: 94



View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 10:01:21 pm »

I run Both for security from system failure. Plus a doubled collars ad some protection to the vitals in the neck.
Logged

Huntin the Grunt Til the Squeal is Real...Here Piggy, Piggy, Piggy.
cward
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3206


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 10:02:02 pm »

iv heard that folks do that in case 1 syste fails or 1 looses signal and the other sys can be used. i huntd with a guy who ran both and thats what he told me. where he would hunt is very dense foilage canopy and the garmin would loose sat signal and he could use the radio telemetry collars to find his dogs.
The Garmin is one handy tool probally one of the handest there is!!But it is not always accurate!!It has been known to lie in some places like river bottoms!!
So we put old faithful on just in case!
I have had to use my wildlife 3 times in the last 3 months!!
The wildlife will tell you the direction the dog is in only!!
The garmin will tell you when they are scratching fleas!!!lol
I luv the garim but my dogs will not get turned loose without both!!

We hunted the hill country the other day and it worked great!!In that country!!
Logged

Hog hunting can start more crap than anything I have ever seen!(HDLCrystal)
Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!