|
TexasHogDogs
|
 |
« on: August 28, 2010, 12:07:46 pm » |
|
Well I guess the third time is the charm , I guess ! This big boar hog has whipped my butt and my dogs butt the last two times I been there but this time he paid the price! Corys bulldog got cut pretty sevearly in the neck the big boars tush got hung inbetween the cut collar and the vest and that is excatly why those things are useless to me have had it happen more than once I only run a high neck one peice vest . Anyway my old Blu gyp hit after about ten mins there and we got a nice little 100-125 lb sow. There were more hogs there my son Bruce heard a dog get hit with a big loud thump as we were on our way in to get the sow and I heard it two I thought for sure somebody got cut bad then but not . Went in stuck the sow and I had figured that big old boar hog was hauling ass as soon as he heard the dogs bay and sure nuff he did we never seen him at this time . So we are watching my old blu gyp and she is out about 400 yards in a coastal patch that runs into a sun flower feild loaded with 8 foot tall blood weeds we watch her make a round by a big lake and then take off into the sun flower feild with my Blue lacy gyp right on her tail and the other dogs trailing them . Old blu made several trips in and out of the feild and was working the track hard and I was wondering if she was gonna get it lined out and sure nuff she did she dash in to the sun flower seed feild again and this time three mins she was baying . Then all the other dogs joined in . This old boar hog was bad to the bone and weight I would guess around 260 are so with big close to 3 inch tusk. Bruce was in the sun flower feild with them with only a knife and I stopped and heard him break so I took off on the wheeler to cut him off along with Cory and Kyle. Cory had done turned his bulldog loose so we get around and stop and hear my son Bruce hollering bring a gun bring a gun so we ran into the sun flower feild could not see crap finally get to Bruce and by that time the Bulldog had one ear and ole Blu had the other and Cory ran in and got a leg . Thats when we seen his bulldog was hurt bad bad bad and got him off , Bruce and me flipped the big boar hog and had hell doing it then Bruce stuck the hog but this sucker refused to die it took I know atleast five mins before he expired with us hanging on to him every time we thought he was dead he would take another stab at another dog. Anyway we got this bad sucker after he had done whipped me and my dogs butts two other times . He was a good one he nearly Killed Corys bulldog and cut three other dogs but they will be fine . Corys bulldog is at the vet as we speak. One Bad Mammie Jammie Brother ! Left Kyle, middle Bruce , right Cory.  Ole Blu, me and the hog.   Bruce and dogs with the little sow first hog today, 
|
|
|
|
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 12:11:08 pm by TexasHogDogs »
|
Logged
|
The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
|
|
|
|
|
|
djhogdogger
|
 |
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 12:32:41 pm » |
|
Sure nuff a mean looking boar. Glad you got him. Hope the bulldog is okay.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
|
|
|
|
brw7979
|
 |
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 01:33:08 pm » |
|
Good hog guys, Hope that your dogs heal up quick.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Rockin-P-Ranch
|
 |
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 01:38:15 pm » |
|
Have run into a couple like that myself. And them are the hunts that stay with you a life time. Good job on geting him shut down and caught. Sounds to me you got one nice female find dog.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Cowboys stay in the saddle longer.
|
|
|
|
kds
|
 |
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 02:04:31 pm » |
|
Boy I tell you he was a bad dude. He know how to use his cutter and how to get away from the dogs. Like TexasHogDogs said he might get away from use 2 time but the 3rd time ur butt is ours and his but was ours today. Yes Landon they had the famous hog hunter with them today.  lol
|
|
|
|
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 02:08:18 pm by kds »
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
TexasHogDogs
|
 |
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 02:07:11 pm » |
|
Yeah when ole Blue barks you can bet the house are atleast I would. She is about as good as they come and thats the truth, she will track a hog down like she did today are she will wind hogs from the ground working are on a wheeler are truck. She has a half sister Lil Ann that is just as good and was my number 1 find dog for years but has just been beat up, broke up one to many times and now is Queen of the pens. She has always been one ruff kinda dog stopping and hangin on the ears but I have noticed this year she is starting to find the hogs and then let the other dogs get there and roll on instead of trying to do it all on her on , boy that has made me happy to see that cause I would hate to loose her . Love that ole Blue gyp she is one of a few . Been running more dogs than I usally do but tryin to get some dogs finished and some more experince and I was proud of all the dogs today had Blu 8 yrs finished, Bell 4 yrs finished, Whitey 2 1/2 gettin close, Horn 14 months rookie , Tank, 16 months rookie, Kyles Jr dog 2 yrs gettin there , Corys Princess 2 gettin there, and his bulldog Lucky.
|
|
|
|
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 02:20:32 pm by TexasHogDogs »
|
Logged
|
The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
|
|
|
|
kds
|
 |
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 02:10:15 pm » |
|
Yea you got that right u could bet ur house on ol Blue anyday if you here her bark u better go to her bc she is goin to have a hog at the other end.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
TxHogDoggin
|
 |
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 02:30:41 pm » |
|
Good hog guys. Hope the dogs heal up good.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Caught hog.
The strength of the pack is in the dog, the strength of the dog is in the pack.
Cole Patterson
|
|
|
|
leonriverboy
|
 |
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 03:06:23 pm » |
|
The legend is back good job guys. Kyle I bet you miss Sally on days like today. Great hog I sure hope y'alls cd heals well. Keep up the good work.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
kds
|
 |
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 03:11:54 pm » |
|
Yea I do but I now if I still had her that she would have got cut on this hog.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
Jessica3086
Hog Dog Pup
Offline
Posts: 3
|
 |
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 05:16:16 pm » |
|
Darn! Wish i would have came down this weekend after all!  I missed all the fun dad!
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
DubbleRDawgs
|
 |
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 06:24:30 pm » |
|
good hog ,one that needs to be caught ..wish you the best on the dog
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy!
|
|
|
|
dub
|
 |
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 06:59:07 pm » |
|
Good job shutting him down.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
|
|
|
|
Easttex
|
 |
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 07:27:41 pm » |
|
Thanks for the concern and wishes for Lucky. I'm hoping Doctor Kilgore will do what he normally does. He takes good care of our dogs, does a real good job. From what he says, we're looking good for now.
It sure was a fun hunt. I must admit that I was a little concerned for a minute when we first got to him. I grabbed the back right leg and he pulled me down to one knee. A little scary for a minute there but that's what makes it a memorable moment.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
TexasHogDogs
|
 |
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 08:37:17 pm » |
|
Kilgore will fix him up.
|
|
|
|
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 09:35:23 am by TexasHogDogs »
|
Logged
|
The older I get the less Stupidity I can stand !
|
|
|
|
kds
|
 |
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 08:43:56 pm » |
|
Yea Jim u are right bout that it is ur dogs that end up getting cut but this time ur didnt get cut that bad as Lucky did. That ole hog was a bad son of a gun all I now.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Easttex
|
 |
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 08:49:31 pm » |
|
I think I'm going to have to rename Lucky. Going to have to start calling him Kamikaze. 
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Kendall3
|
 |
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2010, 11:17:34 pm » |
|
Good Hunt. Glad you got him
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
MAKE EM HOLLER
|
|
|
|
tuskbuster
|
 |
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2010, 01:43:07 am » |
|
good hunt jim . whay happened to the Mississippi dog?been awhile since i heard from ya.hope all the dogs heal up quick
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|