April 28, 2024, 08:19:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I regret selling this little doggy that could'nt...  (Read 1016 times)
lawson-dawg
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: October 07, 2010, 09:17:17 pm »

The dog on the far right(Leo) was one of my young dogs (BMC/CATAHOULA CROSS)i got rid of right before i returned to college this semester.  I sold him to a buddy of mine when he was 8 months old for next to nothing. i had worked him in a 10acre deer pen with a shoat a handful of times but he just didnt seem to be catching on as quickly as the rest of the pups so i decided that he'd be the one to go. i had tried hundreds of times to get him to load up in the truck bed by himself with no success but on the day i was meeting my friend to drop him off, he loads right up in the truck bed! that should have been my first sign to keep him, haha. Anyway, Leo has been at his new home for almost 2 months now and has just recently turned 10months old.  My friend had decided he was going to try to make him a blood trailing dog since my hogging teachings didnt seem to sink in.  Well at about 10am today i got this picture message on my phone from my friend with a little note saying "Leo got one!".  The other 2 dogs in the pic are his blood trailing dogs so i figured he had tracked down a shot&lost pig but NOPE!!!  A hunter had arrowed a nice buck and my friend took the 3 dogs to practice some early season blood trailing, well when they got to the site where the buck was last seen, the 3 dogs pile out of the truck.  Well the 2 leopard dogs stood and waited by the truck to see where they needed to begin and Leo jumped out of the truck and kept on going, like Forrest Gump he ran straight thru the woods and my buddy went in after him in a rather upset manner due to being embarrassed in front of his hunter/client.  My friend got about 100 yards into the brush when he heard leo barking his head off about 150 yards ahead of him so he turned back to get the other 2 dogs assuming that he had found the deer but NOPE! leo had this hog bayed up and needless to say had everybody surprised, so he kinda nudged the 2 very confused blood dogs to go help a little since neither him nor the hunter had a gun and hunter had left the bow at the truck, the 2 blood dogs started to simi-bay but mainly just barked at the hog and as soon as the hog turned from leo's barks to the other barking, Leo bum-rushed this sucker and caught the ear and rolled him over! Alone at 10months! well, my buddy quickly ran up and grabbed the kicking pig and got him on its side and finished the job with a pocket knife.  I guess his few months of training finally decided to show up....2months later! We've arranged a hunt this weekend and are going to bring Leo along just to see how he does now after this little performance. They then went on and found the buck, 11point 143'' gross, and sent me this picture to mock me a little  Grin.  I just thought I'd share this ironic story with you guys and let y'all have a kick out of my luck. thanks for reading along, hope someone sees the irony, haha. take it easy when you can, -lawdawg
wadepat2
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 09:48:41 pm »

Thats a cool story. Tell your buddy I like his dog.  Grin
tobyb2007
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 09:50:36 pm »

That's the way it always goes but atleast he went to a buddy of yours that you can hunt with.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
Cutter Bay Kennels
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 05:35:04 am »

Very nice story. Glad he turned on.

"To me it is not always about the game you caught, but the memories you can't let go of.   Wink  " Josh Farnsworth
Cull Buck
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 07:19:30 am »

Cool story.  What are the chances of you getting him back?  Wink

"I'm like lunch meat.....always ready" - Eric Barnes

Took Savoy to the swamp and he promtly got his v-card punched.

He's out.  And you're out.  And i don't think I'm in either.
DangerZone
Hog Master

TDHA Member

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 08:32:04 am »

Awesome ,, I love it when a lost all hope  potlicker turns out late!!

From squeal to meal with one good stick!  Hunting is not a sport, It's a way of life...Danny Ward
raider54
Hog Catching Machine

Giving BULLDOGS a New Name

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 09:24:15 am »

Well maybe you will get a chance to find out what kind of friend he is!

I TALK ALOT OF SMACK-COME GO WITH ME AND I'LL SHOW YOU IT ISNT ALL SMACK

Facebook Check Out-Hog Hunting Texas Style
See our web site www.XXXtremehogdoggin.com
Marshall
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 09:54:00 am »

He's guna make a dog!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: