April 29, 2024, 12:54:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 legs  (Read 821 times)
bayinman
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2010, 06:58:42 pm »

Picked my good cat male up from the vet today,a week ago was hit in the left hind leg and dislocated it below the knee(hock on a horse) reset the leg and 4 days later wasn't doin good I took him back,the blood vessels were crushed and blood circulation was poor at best! They removed the leg just below the hip yesterday! My question: I have seen good cow dogs go on and still work,but what about a strike/bay dog? I know he still will have the hunt,but the ability to move on a bay- not sure! Has anyone gone through this besides me??

its bayin time!@!
sp
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 07:10:38 pm »

I had a dog that I had to remove her front leg, of which the vet said was better than removing her back leg.  He said she would run better with a lost front leg.   However, she is much slower. She can move around in a bay fine, but cannot last in long runs and tires easy.  However, she is an older dog.  I had a younger and smaller dog who broke her back leg.  While I did not have to remove it, she did not put it on the ground the whole time it was in a cast.  This dog was just as fast and agile on 3 legs as she was and is now on 4.   You just have to try it..
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 08:12:04 pm »

buddy of mine had a pup that got her front leg broke.  never healed right and she turned into a damn fine strike dog.  Would outrun most of the other dogs we had on the ground carrying her legt.
bayinman
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 09:54:13 pm »

Thanx guys! I feel as if it was my leg as I've had him little over 5 yrs. For now he is fine- I'll let him tell me when he can't do it anymore!  Afro

its bayin time!@!
DubbleRDawgs
Hog Master

Proud to be a TDHA Member!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2010, 10:11:39 pm »

buddy have a bay dog that lost his part of his hind leg to a bad boar ..lost it right at the joint ,knee ..hasnt slowed him at all still find and bay the heck out of a hog ..it depends on the dog and what it wants to do ..JMO

God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy!
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2010, 06:44:23 am »

I'll let him tell me when he can't do it anymore!  Afro

Thats what id do if it were me
Lvhunter06
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2010, 12:38:46 pm »

I just got my strike dog back last week had to take off his back leg I think he will do goo he still runs around just a little slower.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: