mule tape!!

(1/4) > >>

country man 563:
amyone know where i can get sum?  my supply is running low need to stock back up....let me know if you do it would be a great help

charles:
 what r u refering to as mule tape? i have been told that mule tape is a 1" wide nylon flat rope. i have access to 3" wide nylon flat rope and it works good for emergency hobbles. the tape i have is called engineer tape. i dont know if this similar to what u r refering to but if so and u want a roll let me know

dub:
http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/products/FishingHunting+%26+Outdoors/100%27+Mule+Tape/DC90082.html
$4.99 for 100 feet

Davexx1:
Mule tape is actually a pulling cord that is used by utility companies for pulling fiber optic cable (and other) thru underground duct systems.  The power and telephone companies and utility contractors buy the mule tape in rolls of thousands of feet, usually use it one time, and throw it away.  Look for a cable crew working along the roads/highways that have a big roll of flexible duct or cable with them.  They likely have and use mule tape and will gladly give away any of the "used" tape they have.  They have given me hundreds and sometimes thousands of feet of mule tape.

The mule tape comes in several tensile strengths i.e. 1200 lb, 1800 lb, etc., is very thin and about 1/2" to 3/4" wide.  The new mule tape is slick and needs to be washed a few times or else a knot will not hold.  We cut the mule tape in 4'-5' lengths, wash well with laundry detergent, then burn and knot each end to keep from fraying.  Most hog hunters double the mule tape and loop back thru a belt loop on their Levis to have handy when a hog is caught and to be taken out alive.  Once the hog has been relocated, released, processed, or whatever many just cut the mule tape off the hog but if you will take a minute or two and untie the tape, you can reuse the same tape for years to come.  Knots seem to hold better as the tape gets more use and age.    :-)

Dave

Purebreedcolt:
No wonder my knots kept slipping did not know to wash it thanks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page