March 28, 2024, 12:13:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: florida cracker cur  (Read 16769 times)
tompkinsgil
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2011, 07:18:11 pm »

heres one brother to flcurdogs pup

Noah
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2011, 07:41:14 pm »

Good example of a FL cur... round, muscled head... mid size dog... LOTS of scars....  Grin  My Snappa dog is as hard as hard gets....

Give me a minute an' I'll put some more FL curs up...

Another mangy FL cur....

One bay dog, one catch dog... Florida style... My Shine dog(unleashed), just chillin' waitin' on me to send her on after we got done takin' pictures...
« Last Edit: March 05, 2011, 07:48:54 pm by Noah » Logged

Welcome to the Gun Show

Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
BA-IV
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2011, 09:03:47 am »

Noah,

I remember reading that all you hunt is bird dog crosses and was wondering if your snappa and shine dogs are bred like this, and either way how do they hunt.  Just curious, cuz I sure do like how that snappa dog is built, I wish I had a couple built and colored just like him on my yard.
Noah
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2011, 05:26:57 pm »

Thankyou BA-IV, yes, Snapps/Shine/Chub are all 1/4 english pointer(proven hog dog EP) 3/4 FL cur crosses...

They hunt hard and fast, lots of hustle... excellent dogs for smaller properties... I can take these dogs and hunt a thousand acres all day... Mainly wind dogs/hot scent dogs... the older they get, the colder a track they'll take, but anything over an hour you can forget about...  Excellent dogs if you woodsman enough to take them to the hogs and want to shut one down quick... perfect for me as I prefer a more "personal" experience to the hunt... kind of like bow hunting to a deer hunter...

These dogs run to shut one down, not to outlast him... loose some hogs this way, but catch plenty more to make up for it...

On the down side... can be too rough/head catchy... hard to relax with these dogs when the garmin says treed...  Grin And 2 outa 3 will yip a bit once they jump, but closed mouth till bayed(I hate this, but the pointer brought that with it...)

Shine is the best of this cross, rough as hell but will bay a good one by herself all day long... not afraid of a bad one...

But the dogs that these dogs are out of are what I would consider "typical" FL curs... gonna try ta catch the bitch first and only if they get slung off bay... not what I want in my dogs but what my dogs are out of...

Welcome to the Gun Show

Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2011, 11:12:36 pm »

gonna try ta catch the bitch first and only if they get slung off bay...

Noah it seems like all the Fl curs i been through have been this way. If they make it to maturity they seem to settle down some.  My last gyp started out catching anything under 250 by herself made it to 9 (with scars  ) then settled dow to anything 150 or so and less with help.. give them meatheads tiume they may just settle down for ya..lol
Florida Curdog
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2011, 04:53:28 pm »

FL curs... gonna try ta catch the bitch first and only if they get slung off bay...

That's what I like.  One dog will bay a rank one  by itself & as soon as another one gets there it's a done deal. Somethings getting stretched out  Grin

Smiling like a killer
smotherman_4
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2011, 08:45:55 pm »

Well ive took mine two the bay pen twice.The first time he didnt know wut was goin on we had an old dog that was baying.When the pigs run my pup would chase em but when they stopd he was done. So the next week i took him back and he bayd and tried to catch.One lil pig hit him and he didnt care just made him get in there more.I think he gona be alright.
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2011, 09:28:35 pm »

Gil is that the dog you have posted on Southern Airboat?
Florida Curdog
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2011, 05:56:04 pm »

That was a 1 1/2  year old Blackmouth he had on there.

Smiling like a killer
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 08, 2011, 06:33:48 pm »

That was a 1 1/2  year old Blackmouth he had on there.

Is he getting out?  Ive seen him post a few dogs on there in the past few months
Florida Curdog
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2011, 10:28:53 am »

He's not getting out. Since Rose got killed by a gator he has been trying to find one to replace her.
That's gonna be hard to do.  The dogs he has tried either trail bark, range out to far, or aren't catchy enough for what we do.

Smiling like a killer
rdjustham
Lord of the Hogs

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2011, 08:15:13 pm »

gotcha.. that was a good looking dog he had posted
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: