October 05, 2026, 08:58:29 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS
 
   Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quote from Buddy Lee (Fellow Hog Dogger)  (Read 5449 times)
raider54
Hog Catching Machine
********
Offline Offline

Posts: 2110


Giving BULLDOGS a New Name


View Profile
« on: January 18, 2011, 03:45:26 pm »

Re: Discovery Channel This Sunday
« Reply #160 on: Yesterday at 06:00:16 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please excuse me if I am coming of as rude but it's simply amazing how many ignorant know-it-alls there are in this world. Usually the most ignaorant people have the most negative stuff to say of others.


I couldnt agree more Buddy, I witnessed a meritless barrage of negative, anomostic, and insulting comments on a thread here last night by several people who didnt even have a dog in the hunt. I see it quite often here. Its usually provoked by a dogs Breed or Price. Another is a hunters Style, Personality, or part of TX he lives in. Why is everyone so angry? Has anyone ever heard the quote "If you dont have something nice to say, Dont say anything at all"? In most cases there is nothing to gain but the apparent desire to insult someone. Im not sure if this mindset is a product of one's Socio-Economic class, whether it is Envy induced, or just a result of people generally being Unhappy.
I myself am pretty confrontational by nature but I truely feel like I give my opposers the benefit of the doubt before going in for the kill. I usually (I say USUALLY with a cringe) let one or two jabs go by, but then it is on. I have been banned twice and Mike was gratious enough to give me another shot. (THanks MIKE I hope to prove rehabilitation does exist).
I wonder if we will ever see a time when what someone else does really doesnt bare heavy on who we are or the way we feel about ourselves or others? Who cares if Hosea hunts a bunch of open mouth hounds? or who cares how much Billy Bob charges for a guided hunt? or how much Jimmy Joe charges for one of his new puppies? Who cares if Kelly Mo hunts only ONE OUT dogs? or if Bobby Ray hunts hogs 10 out?
Do you REALLY CARE enough to try your best to insult that person because he is not in your Click? or he is not JUST LIKE YOU? What about the guy who thinks he knows something but you know he doesnt? Is it necessary for you to put him in his place just because you can?
Why are we so caught up on someone else? This Josh guy........I dont know him from the next guy, he actually seemed kind of cheesey to me and so did his wife (SO WHAT) but does that make him a bad guy? Do I care if he is a bad guy? NO....I dont hunt with him, we are not neighbors. I have never understood the mindset that if I bring someone down that somehow that would elevate my status. Who someone else is or what they do or how they believe, how they hunt, or how much money they make or dont make will NEVER have a profound impact on ME.
I love turning on my computer and going to ETHD, I love to interact with fellow hog doggers but there is a difference in having a differing opinion and a malicious contempt for someone we dont even really know.

What say you?
Logged

I TALK ALOT OF SMACK-COME GO WITH ME AND I'LL SHOW YOU IT ISNT ALL SMACK

Facebook Check Out-Hog Hunting Texas Style
See our web site www.XXXtremehogdoggin.com
cward
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 3206


View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 03:54:45 pm »

I say that you done did it now you named off every one of my family members on a public board and Billy Bob and Bobby Ray are going to be made you are talking about there 10 out hawg mulching machines! Grin Grin

That is why I joke around all the time there is no reasone to get mad or stirred up! I like this board and it keeps me busy! When some one ask a serious question I will answer serious but when I see something going sown hill I try to have fun with it and not get mad!
Logged

Hog hunting can start more crap than anything I have ever seen!(HDLCrystal)
Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
raider54
Hog Catching Machine
********
Offline Offline

Posts: 2110


Giving BULLDOGS a New Name


View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 04:07:33 pm »

I say that you done did it now you named off every one of my family members on a public board and Billy Bob and Bobby Ray are going to be made you are talking about there 10 out hawg mulching machines! Grin Grin[/color]

That is why I joke around all the time there is no reasone to get mad or stirred up! I like this board and it keeps me busy! When some one ask a serious question I will answer serious but when I see something going sown hill I try to have fun with it and not get mad!


LOL..........Now that is funny, where do you think I came up with all those names? My Uncles of course Cheesy
Really it was hard to come up with those names, I didnt want someone thinking I was talking about them.

I dont want any trouble I just want to have a good time and make some new friends!
Logged

I TALK ALOT OF SMACK-COME GO WITH ME AND I'LL SHOW YOU IT ISNT ALL SMACK

Facebook Check Out-Hog Hunting Texas Style
See our web site www.XXXtremehogdoggin.com
raider54
Hog Catching Machine
********
Offline Offline

Posts: 2110


Giving BULLDOGS a New Name


View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 04:18:37 pm »

TColt
Catch Dog

 Offline

Posts: 243


     Re: Discovery Channel This Sunday
« Reply #179 on: Today at 01:04:12 pm » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think yall also need to remember that for each show they probably filmed close to 100 hours for each company and each one removed several hog ( except for maybe the island bow hunter guy lol ). Then they mix and match and do the whole hollywood thing, they dont film two hogs and say ok, thats good for one show. I think with the way most people feel about josh no matter what he did with his dogs most people on here would have something negative to say about it. People have dogged on the way he hunts since he first showed up on ETHD before he even opened his mouth about the way other people hunt or whatever. If someone thinks that one out doggin doesnt work they need to order "Bloom Brothers Doggin Boars 4, Us hogs vs Aussi Dogs" They caught a couple hogs with one dog that would stomp a mud puddle in most peoples whole pack.

I think pretty much everyone here hunts a little differently and has their preference on dogs and we need to all support each other weather we agree with it or not, its still hog doggin. And when someone has a chance to shed some good light on hog doggin, no matter who they are or how they do it we should support them because they are going to help decide the future of our sport.



 
Logged

I TALK ALOT OF SMACK-COME GO WITH ME AND I'LL SHOW YOU IT ISNT ALL SMACK

Facebook Check Out-Hog Hunting Texas Style
See our web site www.XXXtremehogdoggin.com
DangerZone
Hog Master
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1543


TDHA Member


View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 04:29:22 pm »

The longer I'm on here the less I type and the more I just read,,, except for a (Nice Hog, Good Jod or some other Congrats.....)  or A prayer if needed.   
Logged

From squeal to meal with one good stick!  Hunting is not a sport, It's a way of life...Danny Ward
raider54
Hog Catching Machine
********
Offline Offline

Posts: 2110


Giving BULLDOGS a New Name


View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 04:35:29 pm »

The longer I'm on here the less I type and the more I just read,,, except for a (Nice Hog, Good Jod or some other Congrats.....)  or A prayer if needed.  

Is it safe to say you feel the need to go to your prayer closet after reading most of the stuff on here?.....lol

Hey Danny I just realized that was you. How is it goin Brother?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 04:37:36 pm by raider54 » Logged

I TALK ALOT OF SMACK-COME GO WITH ME AND I'LL SHOW YOU IT ISNT ALL SMACK

Facebook Check Out-Hog Hunting Texas Style
See our web site www.XXXtremehogdoggin.com
BIG BEN
Boar Slayer
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1447



View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 04:38:14 pm »

 Im just as confontational as the next guy as me and Raider already know that  Wink , I post things that are mainly just my opinion from my experience and thats it, some agree with it and some disagree. But the big thing is that it is my opinion and nobody is gonna change that. I dont talk trash on anyones dogs or hunting styles if it works for them thats great, we all have our ways of doing things and different people are gonna do things different, that just the way its always gonna be. As for the show, It was fine with me and got the point across that they cause millions in damage and are dangerous creatures. Josh from L3 goes at it one out, Thats the way probily learned to do it and theres nothing wrong with that, he still catches hog and thats all that matters.
Logged

hunt em hard, give em no excuses, and cull harder!!!!!
"Rather have a sister in a whore house than spots on a dog"
"Pretty is as pretty does"- BigO
aladatrot
Global Moderator
Boar Slayer
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1496


Circle C Australian Shepherds


View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 04:41:33 pm »

I thought I did a pretty fair job of explaining that it isn't about bashing someone for their style. With all due respect Raider, what was I lacking in my explanation? I sincerely want to know because it is not my intent to come across as intolerant and childish. I felt like I may have put some explanation behind the feelings harbored by a good many folks. I would hate to think that someone who didn't know the history behind the L3 rift would think that he is disliked for merely his style of hunting when it is actually not about that per se.

Cheers
M
Logged

At least I'm successful at doing nothing right. I guess it could be worse.
DangerZone
Hog Master
*******
Offline Offline

Posts: 1543


TDHA Member


View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 04:47:47 pm »

I'm good Paul, That was a good Exotic your Wife took...  I hope to get out to hunt more after this next week, Our oldest has been home though the holidays, been doin a lotta family stuff, He's leaving for Iraq next week sometime,, mom's having a hard time with it.... I'd like to take you up on one of those old invites, for no more than my dog where their gonna be rusty..my youngest is itching to go.
Logged

From squeal to meal with one good stick!  Hunting is not a sport, It's a way of life...Danny Ward
raider54
Hog Catching Machine
********
Offline Offline

Posts: 2110


Giving BULLDOGS a New Name


View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 04:48:49 pm »

Mandi, I wasnt posting this about Josh, I only know of him from ETHD and I dont pay any attention to it. I read your post on the other thread I thought it was very well written.

I got roasted here a little last night and I think Hog Doggers are sometimes like thier dogs! They often times have a pack mentality and see someone forced to defend themselves and go in for a bite of thier own, whether they have and investment or not.

I have no complaints with you Ma'am
Logged

I TALK ALOT OF SMACK-COME GO WITH ME AND I'LL SHOW YOU IT ISNT ALL SMACK

Facebook Check Out-Hog Hunting Texas Style
See our web site www.XXXtremehogdoggin.com
raider54
Hog Catching Machine
********
Offline Offline

Posts: 2110


Giving BULLDOGS a New Name


View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 04:52:19 pm »

I'm good Paul, That was a good Exotic your Wife took...  I hope to get out to hunt more after this next week, Our oldest has been home though the holidays, been doin a lotta family stuff, He's leaving for Iraq next week sometime,, mom's having a hard time with it.... I'd like to take you up on one of those old invites, for no more than my dog where their gonna be rusty..my youngest is itching to go.

Anytime Danny, One of ours is in Afghanistan but is is in the middle of his deployment and got to come thru Dallas for a few hrs on his way to see his Girl in Los Angeles for R&R
I understand Momma bein tore up we have done this 4 times with 3 of our 5 boys. This is why you are the DAD.....lol
Logged

I TALK ALOT OF SMACK-COME GO WITH ME AND I'LL SHOW YOU IT ISNT ALL SMACK

Facebook Check Out-Hog Hunting Texas Style
See our web site www.XXXtremehogdoggin.com
aladatrot
Global Moderator
Boar Slayer
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 1496


Circle C Australian Shepherds


View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 04:53:44 pm »

Thanks for clarification. As received, your post caught me a little off guard. I am somewhat aware of what went on last night, and there was some wrong doing. There are also some red arses today over that.

Cheers
M
Logged

At least I'm successful at doing nothing right. I guess it could be worse.
raider54
Hog Catching Machine
********
Offline Offline

Posts: 2110


Giving BULLDOGS a New Name


View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2011, 05:26:03 pm »

Yea, the worst part for me is one of my friends lost his mind last night and started shootin off his mouth about some of my dogs he knew nothing about and quoteing things he heard from someone else who had never even seen the dogs he was talking about, Kind of hard to take sometimes. I have stood alone my whole life I am no stranger to it. I am just gonna practice being a bit more tolerant in the future. I gonna do that for me not someone else Grin
Logged

I TALK ALOT OF SMACK-COME GO WITH ME AND I'LL SHOW YOU IT ISNT ALL SMACK

Facebook Check Out-Hog Hunting Texas Style
See our web site www.XXXtremehogdoggin.com
BobbyB
Alpha Dog
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 682



View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2011, 06:06:17 pm »

I still say , personal feelings aside on the shows and players, John Q Public either thinks it is outrageous or that hog dogging is about as extreme as jumping a motorcycle across Snake River. And will realize that doggers can play a part in removal and control.

If they do realize we are useful, then its a big score for the home team.

Logged

" If you can't have no fun, ain't no use agoin' ! " - old man in a Sweetwater, TX cafe
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4087


View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2011, 06:42:48 pm »

I trust too easy and forgive too easy but guys this life is too short to hold grudges.  Something else is be careful of wearing ur feelings on ur shirt sleeves worry about what is now not what is gone u can't chang it but u can have an impact on the future.
Logged
dub
Hog Doom
*********
Offline Offline

Posts: 4288


View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 06:53:51 pm »

I like to talk a bit of smack. I try to put a smiley so everyone knows I am not serious. But I try to watch out for sore spots. Me I can take a ribbing, you can say anything my dogs or my hunting. I try to respect others and have fun. But I would say if someone ticks you off remember this is a public forum and you will not won. It is like getting in a fight at your favorite bar. Even if you manage to win before getting kicked out you still Hey kicked out and they may not let you back in again.
Logged

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
uglydog
Jelk's & Brick House Catahoulas
Global Moderator
Hog Doom
****
Offline Offline

Posts: 3633


It's a good day to have a great day!


View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 07:28:34 pm »

For those that want to complain about this Forum, Here are three simple suggestions
Suggestion #1
There is are alot of Message Forums where some that complain on here might feel more comfortable, and for those that self admittingly have been banned and allowed to return should be the very first to seek acceptance elswhere, rather then continue to stir the pot.

Suggestion #2
Those that don't like the posts being made, there are many other threads with alot of Happy Thoughts, to read so you don't getyour panties in a wad, if that does not work for you, see suggestion #1

Suggestion #3
Keep stirring the pot and complaining, making the admin. work overtime, keep doingwhat you are doing and we will issue you a passport to anywhere but here.

Its about time to let all the drama pass, and get back to doing what East Texas is all about, Hog Hunting. Everybody has had their say, time to move on and get past this.
Logged

CENTEX FINDER/HOLDERS
Catch Dog
***
Offline Offline

Posts: 133


View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 11:15:23 pm »

Good call Raider.

I wouldnt call that complainin, looks more like callin out. Im sure that if that slander had been about suggestion makers it wouldnt have made it past page two. Guess if your gona hate you gota be on the right team? Anyway dont want to get myself banned. Happy huntin yall. Long live dogin!
 
Logged
raider54
Hog Catching Machine
********
Offline Offline

Posts: 2110


Giving BULLDOGS a New Name


View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 12:23:36 am »

Good call Raider.

I wouldnt call that complainin, looks more like callin out. Im sure that if that slander had been about suggestion makers it wouldnt have made it past page two. Guess if your gona hate you gota be on the right team? Anyway dont want to get myself banned. Happy huntin yall. Long live dogin!
 

 Grin Good Call
Logged

I TALK ALOT OF SMACK-COME GO WITH ME AND I'LL SHOW YOU IT ISNT ALL SMACK

Facebook Check Out-Hog Hunting Texas Style
See our web site www.XXXtremehogdoggin.com
Mike
Administrator
Internet Hog Hunting Specialist
*****
Offline Offline

Posts: 10276



View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 07:05:07 am »

Good call Raider.

I wouldnt call that complainin, looks more like callin out. Im sure that if that slander had been about suggestion makers it wouldnt have made it past page two. Guess if your gona hate you gota be on the right team? Anyway dont want to get myself banned. Happy huntin yall. Long live dogin!
 

BlackMouth,

I'm assuming by your comment that you have a problem with this website... or they people who run it?
Logged

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by EzPortal
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.18 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!