josh hennes
Hog Dog Pup
Offline
Posts: 8
|
 |
« on: January 20, 2011, 12:38:24 pm » |
|
Hello everyone, I am from Montana and my 14y/o son has been battling bone cancer since june '10 and should be finished with chemo in April of this year. I was hoping to take him down to Texas to do some hog dogging as a celebration hunt. He had his left leg amputated above the knee in October, he shot a 5x5 whitetail and a 5x5 bull elk in November, before he got his prosthetic leg. I was hoping to find someone we could hunt with or if that isn't going to happen, then I would be willing to pay for guided hunts. We would like to hunt hogs, javelina and gators if possible. I would love to hunt with someone who has bmc's and/or plotts, I have plotts and run cats here in MT and bear in Idaho with them, but I am not above hunting any breed! I am interested in getting a bmc and would like to see them work. The reason for the San Antonio area is 1) open javelina season that time of year 2) cheap airline flights southwest airlines would save us about $1500 3) I was at Lackland AFB back '90 and would like to go back and see it. There would be the three of us hunting, me, Tyler 14, and Troy 11.
Thank you and God bless Josh
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Wmwendler
|
 |
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 12:54:07 pm » |
|
You run bob cats or cougar, or both? I am sure someone on here would be interested in a trade where you take them on a cougar or bear hunt and they set you up on hogs, javelina, and gator. I could only get you on hogs and perhaps gators but I am in College Station not San Antonio.
Waylon
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
Circle C
|
 |
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 12:57:51 pm » |
|
http://www.easttexashogdoggers.com/forum/index.php?topic=23928.0Josh, Welcome to ETHD. You are welcome to come hunt with our crew a couple hours east of San Antonio, in Flatonia. We don't have any javelina out there, but a fair chance at getting on some hogs. We host hunts out there for Wounded Warriors, of which, many have lost legs. The terrain is relatively easy, and it does not require too much walking. If you would like to setup a hunt, just let me know and we'll get it done. Another member of ETHD, Jesse Paul aka LionandBoarHunter offered up a hunt as well. He is west and South of San Antonio. He's got better dogs, and better hogs... If y'all decide to set something up, I'd be glad to assist in any way possible. Chris
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Never get too busy making a living that you forget to make a life.
|
|
|
|
cward
|
 |
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 12:58:09 pm » |
|
I live 45 miunutes North of Houston TX If you can not find something then Bring him here and we will put him on some hogs!!
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
Hog hunting can start more crap than anything I have ever seen!(HDLCrystal) Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
|
|
|
|
pltx ken
|
 |
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 01:04:37 pm » |
|
Sir i am and hour and a half east of san antonio and you and your boy are more than welcome at anytime to come hunt with me. I do alot of rig hunting and let the dogs right on the truck so we also would just be riding in the truck until a strike. Then we drive as close as we can get to make it easier on ourselves. I have some places with very flat open land. Should be fairy easy to travel. I hope everything goes well with your son sir And i hope he has a trip of a lifetime no matter where it is you end up taking this trip.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
GOTTA LOVE WHAT YOU DO. TO DO WHAT YOU LOVE!!!!
|
|
|
|
BobbyB
|
 |
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 05:18:18 pm » |
|
We have a place about 40 minutes due West of SA. My son and I would be happy to help out with a hunt.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
" If you can't have no fun, ain't no use agoin' ! " - old man in a Sweetwater, TX cafe
|
|
|
|
lawson-dawg
|
 |
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2011, 02:49:33 am » |
|
Cant help ya with gators lol, but i do have places where you guys can come along and get a couple of hogs depending on what my potlicking pack of mutts decide to do that day.  Also on nearby places (20miles from my place)belonging to my friends, you can shoot all the javelina you want, but i hope my dogs never run into a pack of those suckers... Im also 45minutes west of SA between Hondo & Uvalde. Hit me up whenever if you'd like. Best regards, -Lawson
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|
JLH
|
 |
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2011, 06:48:11 am » |
|
ome on down to Houston and will treat you so many ways you bound to like one of them. I will take yall and we will go in the marsh and hunt out of airboat and will be able to show plenty of action. Up close and personal.
|
|
|
|
|
Logged
|
|
|
|
|