March 29, 2024, 09:54:02 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: hog hunt  (Read 1132 times)
ninja
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: December 16, 2008, 10:19:42 pm »

had a nice hog hunt on the suwanee river yesterday.  Me and some friends went out, took my damon (lab/pitt) and some pups (florida curs) and my friends curs.  Hunt went bad at first,damon ran a rabbit down and killed it,  lost one of my pups for about 2 hours, finally found him a mile away. Put in deep into the swamp, damon got gone for about 30 minutes and then hog squealing, grunting, things you like to hear in the night.  He had a big sow caught when we got there, thick palmettos makes the going rough.  Tied her up, dragged her out, got out at 3:40 am, what a night,  damon has turned into a hogs worst nightmare.With his nose, speed and bite, I really feel sorry for the hogs.  He makes most dogs that hunt with him look weak.  With the lab in him he goes through water at full speed, nothing slows him down.  He's almost got me reconsidering my breeding program.   
jhy
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2008, 08:39:42 am »

Submarine Catchdog!lol  With the rain we are having I may need one of those soon myself.

Joey

"You lose a lot of money chasing hogs and women, but never lose women chasing money."
Bigl
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2008, 02:27:01 pm »

had a nice hog hunt on the suwanee river yesterday.  Me and some friends went out, took my damon (lab/pitt) and some pups (florida curs) and my friends curs.  Hunt went bad at first,damon ran a rabbit down and killed it,  lost one of my pups for about 2 hours, finally found him a mile away. Put in deep into the swamp, damon got gone for about 30 minutes and then hog squealing, grunting, things you like to hear in the night.  He had a big sow caught when we got there, thick palmettos makes the going rough.  Tied her up, dragged her out, got out at 3:40 am, what a night,  damon has turned into a hogs worst nightmare.With his nose, speed and bite, I really feel sorry for the hogs.  He makes most dogs that hunt with him look weak.  With the lab in him he goes through water at full speed, nothing slows him down.  He's almost got me reconsidering my breeding program.   
is damon a running catch dog and does he need help to catch the biggins

Logan Bolton Afro
(901) 831-1713
clint
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2008, 05:36:18 pm »

sounds like damon is gettin it done

Quality over Quantity!

You gotta cut the boars to catch the Barrs.

Get Ahead Son!
ninja
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2008, 08:10:52 pm »

Michelle mears use to call this type enduro dogs.Crosses like bird/bull or any straight breed that caught.  Dogs that had a hell of a good nose and would hunt deep, with all the speed and strength and then lock down, no bay.  You can usually hear the hog grunting/squealling.  I don't lose as many hogs and I don't need but one dog.  The negatives are the smaller hogs can get chewed up and on the big hogs the dog could be killed.  But I haven't had a dog get killed yet, cut down, but always recovered, and what I like is I don't have to bother leading a bulldog or the hog breaking bay because their is no bay and he is the bulldog, makes it simple. 
Bigl
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2008, 08:47:25 pm »

Michelle mears use to call this type enduro dogs.Crosses like bird/bull or any straight breed that caught.  Dogs that had a hell of a good nose and would hunt deep, with all the speed and strength and then lock down, no bay.  You can usually hear the hog grunting/squealling.  I don't lose as many hogs and I don't need but one dog.  The negatives are the smaller hogs can get chewed up and on the big hogs the dog could be killed.  But I haven't had a dog get killed yet, cut down, but always recovered, and what I like is I don't have to bother leading a bulldog or the hog breaking bay because their is no bay and he is the bulldog, makes it simple. 
i agree totally.it was nice speakin with u bout ur bird/pit cross

Logan Bolton Afro
(901) 831-1713
Mr. HG
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 06:44:12 am »

Way to go sean looks like its working.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: