March 28, 2024, 05:39:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hunting with presa canario's  (Read 6600 times)
MikeA
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« on: December 10, 2008, 12:25:50 pm »

Im new to the Hog Hunting world and would like some helpful hints and or training for my dogs. I have 2 presa canario's. I live in El Paso, tx. but willing to travel for some help. Please contact me via email at michaelacosta1@msn.com or by phone at (915)373-6476. thanks for the tips and or comments. Mike Acosta
Bryant
Global Moderator
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2008, 01:36:21 pm »

Don't know much about Presa's, but welcome to the board!

You didn't by chance used to live around Central Texas, did you?  Used to be a fishing guide around here named Mike Acosta.  Unfair Advantage Charters I believe is what it was called.

A truly rich man is one whose children rush to fill his arms even though his hands are empty.
Live Oak
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2008, 03:12:57 pm »

Mike
     This is just something to think about. Canarios are expensive dogs. Some hog dogs live long productive lives, alot do not! Are they just tools to you? Like a broken hammer handle, throw it away and get a new one? I do not hog hunt because I think too much of my mutts! Sooner or later luck will go bad and cut vest or not the hog will get lucky.
Noah
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2008, 03:44:58 pm »

I've always wanted to see those used as catch dogs, I'm sure they'd do great if you can keep them from dragging you to the bay Grin  Most importantly understand, once a dog "turns on" you have to be prepared for the responsibility that comes with a large animal trained to engage other animals.  Make sure you're confident on your obedience training.

Welcome to the Gun Show

Noah Metzger 352 316 8005
ninja
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2008, 06:12:44 pm »

If they're bad about dog fighting or people aggressive ,  If they won't go into a bay from as far as you can hear at break neck speed and hammer a hog, if they won't bust through the thickes thick or go through water to catch a hog, or get lost constantly going to the bay,  cull em, theirs too many out there that will do all this perfectly and already trained that you can buy for about 200 bucks right now.   
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2008, 08:57:36 pm »

GOODNESS I WANT ONE LOL THOSE THINGS HAVE SOME MUSCLE
Bigl
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2008, 03:12:36 pm »

can u send me pics to bigl@yourmemphishome.com

Logan Bolton Afro
(901) 831-1713