March 19, 2024, 12:00:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WHIPPET HOUNDS  (Read 3375 times)
lawson-dawg
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: February 21, 2011, 11:33:44 pm »

my old #1 hog dog was a whippetXcatahoula but she cut her paw and is now a shorter range dog at night but during the daytime shes all over like a bat out of hell, extremely obedient too. awesome dog, she had pups 4 weeks ago too, had 12!!! but 2 died at birth but other 10 look healthy so i hope they turn out like her. fast, smart, catches up to hogs running thru fields at full speed and she comes up from the rear with grit to slow it down or catches 100lb'ers no prob yet still isnt stupid gritty, only minor nicks and burrs on her and never had a full out gash to sew up on her so very smart in my opinion. rare find but good dogs but i hear crosses are the way to go. just my 2cents, lemme know if youd like to hear anything else. -lawson

PS: here's a few pix of her

old hunt w/ lion&boarhunter, 1st hog of the night but shes always at the rear of the hogs that wind up cutting, i think 2 or 3 other dogs in that pile got pretty good cuts from that little sucker

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: