April 24, 2024, 02:41:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: gps promblems  (Read 609 times)
kameron118
Bay Dog

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2011, 10:19:36 am »

my gps is not working rite. it wont keep up with the collars i spent hours trying to find my dogs the other nite. i went to where the gps said they where and there where no dogs around then i heard them baying
a ways off in a totally difrent direction. i tried to upload the new webupdater but it wouldnt upload it.
so i downloaded the 2009 webupdater and it worked then. but the gps is still slow. any advice would be helpfull.
JLH
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 01:07:39 pm »

when that happens turn off gps and it will reboot. as for being slow take battery off collars and let stand for 2 hours and then reconnect them then let alone in open for 2 more hours it does a reset and clears all memory
Bo Pugh
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 07:48:37 pm »

i know sometimes when it is cloundy outside or if im in alot of hills mine wants to act like a piece but sometimes it just helps to slow down and calibrate the compass and sit there a minute and go back at it
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 09:13:59 pm »

Also if you hunt in an area with alot of iron ore close to the surface, it seems to jack with the reception.

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
zachW
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 10:34:54 pm »

We all ways just recalibraye or get to high ground and wait for it to catch up with the collars thick brush and creek bottoms are hard for the signal to transmit from the collar to the satelite

Call me what you want, god made me, Jesus saved me, and my moma raised me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: