March 28, 2024, 05:15:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parvo shots at Tractor supply  (Read 3493 times)
let-em-go-10
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2011, 05:56:46 pm »

I lost an entire litter because of them, I got away with my first 2 litters. Simple, pay the extra money and get the shots at the vet. It's been said on here before and I'm speaking from experience now. Embarrassed Angry.
M Bennet
Hog Doom

LETS ROLL OUT BOY'S

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 06:11:40 pm »

BEEN THERE SAME THANG LOST 11

Monty Bennet
TimmsHogDogs
Alpha Dog

CRAZY DOG KENNELS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 06:20:28 pm »

Ive bought them their, havent had any problems but any shot is not effective for two weeks

*Crazy Dog Kennels*
let-em-go-10
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2011, 07:23:16 pm »

I said the same thing Timms when the first 2 litters made it(I said i haven't had any problems) and then this last litter which were going on there second shot all got sick within 2-3 days from eachother. Never again will I get my parvo there.
jesusjunky1963
Catch Dog

Keep your eyes on heaven JESUS is coming soon..

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2011, 07:30:19 pm »

if it is not kept cold then the virus will activate and give provo to your pups and kill all of them.

MISSOURI

WWT SCORER
BIG BEN
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2011, 07:38:22 pm »

I will not buy them there either, but how do you know they died from the shots?

hunt em hard, give em no excuses, and cull harder!!!!!
"Rather have a sister in a whore house than spots on a dog"
"Pretty is as pretty does"- BigO
let-em-go-10
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2011, 08:05:01 pm »

I am not 100% sure but why would all the litter die 2-3 days from each other, they were 2 1/2 months and I gave there shots when they needed them. I just don't know what else it could of been, I had 2 litters from the same female and they all made it.
SwampHunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 08:08:48 pm »

what shot did you give them ? the DHLPP  or what ?
southtexasff
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 08:11:11 pm »

if it is not kept cold then the virus will activate and give provo to your pups and kill all of them.
When you give the dogs the shots you are introducing live the parvo into the body in a small amount, the body then builds an immunity to the virus.  I lost several litters trying to be cheap and saving a few bucks.  Any litters I have now are going to the vet for all their shots.
let-em-go-10
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2011, 08:34:47 pm »

I totally agree southtexasff.
AnthonyB
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2011, 09:49:02 pm »

I think buying them at any store is a risk. All it takes is for them to drop above 45 degrees, and your done. From what I've seen, a bad shot will usually show around 48 hours after you give it. The other thing that can get them is the lepto in the seven and eight way shots that a lot of people get. It can have a fatal reaction in young pups, and most vets don't recommend giving it to pups. I think one of the best ways it to overnight it from the vet supply. They pack it with ice packs in a foam cooler, not to mention it cost less than half as much as getting them at the vet.
Anthony
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 03:44:09 pm by AnthonyB » Logged

I hunt and breed FBMCBO,inc. dogs. (Weatherford's Ben)

TDHA BOD
dub
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2011, 10:12:10 pm »

When it comes to Parvo I am not saving a buck. I lost a Dogo pup. The shots he got were given by the breeder. I got a new Dogo pup and he got his last booster from a vet. All the other stuff I will do just not parvo.

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
TX BORN
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2011, 10:21:43 pm »

I also use to use the parvo from tsc and lost a whole litter I thought it was from trying to sell them at walmart (put them on the ground like an idiot), guess it was the shot...

Respect Something...
zachW
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2011, 10:29:53 pm »

Tractor supply does not keep their vaccines refridgerated all the time, but I live right by a vet supply so that's where I buy my stuff

Call me what you want, god made me, Jesus saved me, and my moma raised me.
MIGUEL 76442
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2011, 10:38:25 pm »

Im not no expert but i have raised two litter on Tractor Supply shots and they have made it fine. I guess I have been lucky. I always get some ice bags from them and put it in the frig when I get home.
zachW
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2011, 10:47:35 pm »

A guy told me he use to find the vaccines laying out alot people would be re stocking and acidently leave them out

Call me what you want, god made me, Jesus saved me, and my moma raised me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: