April 19, 2024, 11:27:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: lets see some blue lacys  (Read 7344 times)
BIG CHRIS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« on: May 17, 2011, 12:46:46 am »

i would enjoy seeing some of yalls blue lacys, and some stories on how they perform for yall? i will have to get some pictures of my lacy trip for all u other lacy lovers!

Dogs hit the ground noses down! That's how we roll...
*DRG*
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 02:26:29 am »

Being new to the site I don't know how to post pictures but we have a 8 month old that will hunt her tail off and dang sure won't quit one. I posted a video not too long ago of her working in the bay pen. We have high hopes for her!

Courage is bein scared to death but saddlin up anyway!

Talk low, talk slow and don't say too much.
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 12:47:53 pm »

my female with pups she is a heck of a bay dog quick as sin but dont bark a lot growls a lot at the pig and will keep one spinning.  high energy and burns up the woods and is decent on blood.  The other pic is my male he is just under a year and has a heck of a nose and is so far stupid gritty so he has been on nothing but training hunts but I think enough of him to breed the two to get me a couple females that are going to be blood dogs and my wife says an antler dog lol we will see.  Have pretty high hopes for those 6 pups or the two females im keeping.  he is a little more laid back but when u get him out he dont stop and going to have a little more range than what i usually run but..........

Draggin Weight
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 04:23:20 pm »

This is Lacy my only pure lacy at this point

This is my lacy x pit mix

Zaneo
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 09:57:46 pm »

My best find dog is a lacy i just dont no how to post pics ive been trying lol got a couple of em tho
BIG CHRIS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 01:39:10 am »

this is TRIP he is still sorting things out. Undecided he ranges out to about 300yrds, but does tend to hunt closer until we hit good fresh sign. once in good sign he will shag a$$ and find a hog, and i dnt think i have ever seen a more gritty dog in my life!!! and im not talken about dumb gritty im talken grit with smarts. he is a young dog so i hope he gets better with age. i know he has done nothen but improve since i have owned him, so ty you again timmshogdogs!!! i have him crossed with a plott gyp right now and thinking of crossing him with my cur gyp harley.

He is real thinned haired down his back and tail! he turns around to a tree or fence and stands on his backs legs and scratches like a damn bear!!! any ideas what the deal is and a cure?

saltflats
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 01:14:06 pm »

No idea, my son has a female lacy and for two spring/summers in a row she starts off like she has the mange.  Looks terrible and then gets a real pretty coat of hair again.  Recently my son bred her to his best strike dog and she had five pups 2 leopard(steel gray) and 3 solid steel gray(lacy colored), after the pups got weaned the solid colored pups lost their hair much like there mom does every year.  Is red mange the one that is hereditary? Just thinking that might be it.
Oly
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2011, 01:20:05 pm »

This is Lacy my only pure lacy at this point

SUPERB looking animal.

"If it is againts the law for a man to fend for himself--- then outlaw I am"
Draggin Weight
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2011, 03:05:53 pm »

Thank you sir she was a lil lean then but she stays that way most of the time

Oly
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 03:17:30 pm »

IMPO she is in PERFECT athletic condition, LEAN? YES---- but plenty of muscle tone to PROVE a QUALITY and QUANTITY diet, IF she didn’t have the muscle tone she has then I would consider her UNKEPT---BUT that is SURELY not the case here, eyes are clear, coat in great condition.

I HATE to see unkept animals poorly feed and tended to shows IGNORANCE and IMPO put a BAD Reputation on hunters, this animal is a perfect example of a well maintained animal again that is MY opinion. to the untrained eye she would seem to thin because she shows ribs, BUT one needs to look at more then that.

These dogs are the mixed Martial artist of Dog dome in the light heavy to walter weight divisions.

She has some nice bones as well, I realy like this animal.

Draggin Weight
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 05:47:32 pm »

IMPO she is in PERFECT athletic condition, LEAN? YES---- but plenty of muscle tone to PROVE a QUALITY and QUANTITY diet, IF she didn’t have the muscle tone she has then I would consider her UNKEPT---BUT that is SURELY not the case here, eyes are clear, coat in great condition.

I HATE to see unkept animals poorly feed and tended to shows IGNORANCE and IMPO put a BAD Reputation on hunters, this animal is a perfect example of a well maintained animal again that is MY opinion. to the untrained eye she would seem to thin because she shows ribs, BUT one needs to look at more then that.

These dogs are the mixed Martial artist of Dog dome in the light heavy to walter weight divisions.

She has some nice bones as well, I realy like this animal.

When it comes to Hog Dogs i come from a diff. world than most people in the game i think  I ama 3rd gen Pit breeder so conditioning is very important to me all my dogs are that way. i also agree with you on the mma thing  that is the way i look at their traing from the time they are pups.

JCook
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2011, 06:11:46 pm »

great looking dog big chris

If something is worth having, it is worth working for
Oly
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2011, 07:50:18 am »

DWK I have seen a pleasant change in thoughts especially on the members of this forum, look at the pictures of most folks dogs here and you will notice some dang well kept animals, I think the folks here for the most part are NOT just hunters anymore but DOG MEN/WOMEN who UNDERSTAND how to take good care of their animals and that’s AWESOME.

It only makes sense that a well rested, well feed athlete dog will and can work much better than one who isn’t/hasn’t he can go longer and have the energy, endurance  and stamina to stay with it and when times comes he will have enough fuel in his tank to handle the rest of his business.

On the MMA analogy I believe that the welter/light heavy weights are the ELITE athletes, light weights are fun to watch BUT they have (for the most part) no POWER they have the speed but little power, in dogs I think that correlates to your terrier types (do not get me wrong I LOVE these dogs, but not always effective for hog hunting), the heavy weights even though exciting to watch because they have the power LOTS OF IT, but not big enough tanks or speed to hang for 5 rnds, BIG DOGS even though impressive just cannot keep up most of the time ---I know I am talking general terms here so it’s for the most part.  This can be a fun topic Smiley Smiley Smiley, LOL.

coach
Alpha Dog

Getting it done!!!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2011, 05:50:17 pm »

Here is mine

"You don't need more dogs, just better one's.!!!" --- my Dad lol

"Life is tough, it's even tougher when your stupid!!!." The John Wayne

"Be good, or be good at it!!!"
TColt
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2011, 07:16:18 pm »

Here is one, Ill have to try and find some more.

Lindsay and Lacy after a hunt

Taylor Colt Christian- TDHA member
http://tdha.org/

Support our sport!
BIG CHRIS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2011, 09:55:48 pm »

Tcolt after seeing her in person a pictures just does`nt do her any justice, folks she is a very fine dog to look at and a pleasure to hunt behind and that aint no CHIT!!!

I`ve got trip crossed over a plott only because i dnt have a fine lacy gyp to cross him with.

BIG CHRIS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2011, 09:57:48 pm »

purebreed those are some fine looken pups u have, and the male dog, is he tri colored?

Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 10:13:11 pm »

Yes he is tri I will try and get another pic of him he is the prettiest steel gray and tan and white think there is three pups that will look like him.  Hope one female is going to be tri she sorta is but red on tan or so
BIG CHRIS
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 10:16:46 pm »

they should be some fine looken dogs

tmatt
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 07:55:03 am »

Big Chris, is that Trip dog a blue lacy?

Be who you are and say what you mean because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: