April 18, 2024, 04:55:39 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1451 has passed the Senate  (Read 1848 times)
Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« on: May 24, 2011, 01:08:58 am »

Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 08:02:43 am »

There is absolutely no telling what is in this bill now, we will have to wait for a report on the amended and re-amended language. The report below reads from the bottom up. Whitmire pulled out all the stops and suspended the rules to get this passed.

A link to the full history      http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=82R&Bill=HB1451    

H  Senate passage as amended reported               05/23/2011      
S  Record vote                                                 05/23/2011      
S  Passed                                                        05/23/2011      
S  Read 3rd time                                              05/23/2011      
S  Three day rule suspended                               05/23/2011      
S  Passed to 3rd reading as amended                    05/23/2011      
S  Vote recorded in Journal                                  05/23/2011      
S  Amended                                                     05/23/2011      
S  Amendment(s) offered                                 05/23/2011      
S  Amendment tabled                                      05/23/2011      
S  Amendment(s) offered                                 05/23/2011      
S  Vote recorded in Journal                              05/23/2011      
S  Amended                                                      05/23/2011      
S  Record vote                                                  05/23/2011      
S  Amendment to amendment tabled                05/23/2011      
S  Amendment to amendment offered               05/23/2011      
S  Amendment(s) offered                                   05/23/2011      
S  Read 2nd time                                                05/23/2011      
S  Record vote                                                    05/23/2011      
S  Rules suspended-Regular order of business       05/23/2011

aladatrot
Global Moderator
Boar Slayer

Circle C Australian Shepherds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2011, 08:23:26 am »

I am calling my senator to find out how he voted. This was just fantastic news to wake up to this morning, we can add it to the rest of the bad news of the day.
Out.
M

At least I'm successful at doing nothing right. I guess it could be worse.
aladatrot
Global Moderator
Boar Slayer

Circle C Australian Shepherds

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 08:37:47 am »

Found out my house rep voted for it when it was in the house after all my calls. I informed them that I will not be voting for him again.
Cheers
M

At least I'm successful at doing nothing right. I guess it could be worse.
jls41
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2011, 10:01:18 am »

Here's the article in The Statesman:

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/politics/entries/2011/05/23/puppy_mill_bill_gets_final_sen.html

Looks like since this bill was amended in the Senate, it now has to go back to the House of Representatives for a vote on the amended version.  Contact your State Reps and tell them how you feel about HB 1451!!

Here is a copy of the amendment Senator Whitmire allowed.  It covers the ranchers and bird dog people but everyone else is pretty much left in the cold and will have to submit to this bill's scrutiny this coming September 1st!!
Sec 802.005 Exemption for certain persons who breed dogs.  (a) This section applies only to a dog bred to be used exclusively for:

1. herding livestock, as defined by section 1.003, Agriculture Code, or other agricultural uses;
2. hunting, including pointing, flushing, or retrieving game; or
3. competing in field trials.

The way this bill was pushed through the Legislature sure does not sit well with me.  Some real under the table tactics went on with this bill.

Jo Lynne Stark
LSWDA President & Charter Member
Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2011, 11:16:44 am »

jls you are correct, this will go to a conference committee that will work out the differences between the House and the Senate bill. They will "come up with" a new bill, it could be the Senate version, the House version, or a combination of the two. That bill will then be presented back to both houses for another vote.

The Livestock herding with the definition under 1.003 of the ag-code includes, exotic livestock (feral hogs).

I would also think that "other agricultural uses" would include the removal of depredating feral hogs from farm or ranch land.

There is no guarantee that this exemption will survive the conference committee.

We should all be calling our Reps. and Senators to protest this bill and tell them, like Chris has, that your vote hinges on them stoping this from going to the Governor's desk.

Also there is not much time left for them to get this done, all dog hunters need to stand up and be heard, call today.

jls41
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2011, 12:38:05 pm »

Here's a link to how YOUR Representatives voted on HB 1451 the first time through:

http://www.journals.house.state.tx.us/hjrnl/82r/pdf/82RDAY63FINAL.PDF#page=5

How did your State Representative vote??

Jo Lynne Stark
Silverton Boar Dogs
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2011, 01:29:15 pm »

This bill does not go straight back to the house. It will go to a joint (House and Senate) Conference Committee. They will take the two passed versions and come up with one bill. Then, that conference committee bill goes back to the House and the Senate for a vote. If it passes it will head to the Governor.

Call your Senators as well as your Reps.

Duncan, my senator, voted "YES" because of the exemption to herding and hunting dogs, AND because TSCRA was neutral on the bill after the exemptions. I did explain to his staff why that was a bad idea, and they did assure me that he would not vote yes on the conference committee bill if the exemptions were removed.

jls41
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2011, 01:59:44 pm »

Rec'd this from one of LSWDA's friends in the Australian Shepherd Club of Amercia.  Everyone needs to click on the link and let Governor Perry know your stance on HB 1451.

TEXANS, TERRI CARVER CONTACTED THE GOVERNOR'S OFFICE AND HE WANTS TO KNOW WHERE WE STAND ON HB 1451. IT IS TERRIBLY IMPORTANT THAT WE TELL HIM WE WANT HIM TO VETO THIS IF IT COMES TO HIS DESK.  GOVERNOR'S CONTACT INFO HERE (FAXES BETTER THAN E-MAILS AND CALL TOO) http://governor.state.tx.us/contact/

We MUST keep working to stop HB 1451!!
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 02:11:36 pm by jls41 » Logged

Jo Lynne Stark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: