March 28, 2024, 08:03:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Hog Doggin Show  (Read 12488 times)
cwhite_25
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 09:34:47 pm »

Know them very well...Jerry and my dad were running hounds since back in the 80's. Say want you want about him but in my opion when you talk about great old school houndsmen in Tx he is in the mix with the bob ramseys, bare foot bobs, Captin Bob Snow, Phil lynes, roy hynes, doug masons..etc. Ran Walkers off horseback alot back then. Was def the good ol days. Is very old school and full of bs sometimes in a funny way. This show is going to be a 360 I think. There will be some corny stuff but thats holleywood. Runs cat dogs as well. Also crystal is not one who sits back. She is down to catch and tie some pigs. You can see her write ups in Bayed solid Mag.... Should be funny to watch.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:36:33 pm by cwhite_25 » Logged

TDHA MEMBER
LSWDA MEMBER
Hempstead, Tx
Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 09:52:21 pm »

I think it will be entertaining and it should be relatively real it will be hard for me to judge since I know them I their dogs aught to be more to yalls liking that is for sure.
WestTexasCurs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 10:04:42 pm »

I hunted with Jerry some when I was around 14 or so.He came up here and hunted the Sloan ranch,where I was working.He had running hounds and a little black wire haired terrier,that would flat go find one.We had lots of fun,and drank lots of Lone Star. Grin
matt_aggie04
Administrator
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 10:14:29 pm »

I have a OLD VHS tape where a guy goes and shoots a hog with his bow over Jerrys dogs.  The host of the show flies in to Brownwood and then goes and meets up with Jerry.  They up with a nice hog, hunt off of horse back, and it has some nice hound footage.  Jerry was a grizzly adams looking man with a deep gruff voice and a big beard to match.  He told a story/poem about the devil coming to Texas if I remember correctly and hes drinking a lone star beer while telling that poem.  I look forward to seeing the show.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session" - Mark Twain (1866)

"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"~Woodrow F. Call

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."~Thomas Jefferson
Critter Catcher
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2011, 10:29:20 pm »

there sure seems to be a lot of interest in hog doggin lately..I hope this turns out good and not a slap in the face of all hog doggers..not just this show but all the recent shows coming on the boob tube..

Kevin Daniels TDHA member
Critter Catcher
Feral Hog Removal & Guide Service
www.crittercatcher.net
uglydog
Jelk's & Brick House Catahoulas
Global Moderator
Hog Doom

It's a good day to have a great day!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 09:09:25 am »

well good, I hope that it is a good show and I guess they have been heard of and I retract my statement with appologies.
They must be real hunters and not legendary in the internet circles where I do all my hunting Wink

Hope This Crystal does better than that Krystle on Discovery channel.

Purebreedcolt
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 09:30:03 am »

Lol she is pretty cute and if she is still as firary as she used to be aught to be interesting
tobyb2007
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 09:37:43 am »

I was roommates with robert a couple years ago in college and he is a good guy. But I have never hunted with him or behind his dogs so can't say nothing about that aspect of it.

If it ain't broke don't fix it.
graydog
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2011, 11:34:07 am »

Jerry had a website for a while. Primarily focused on cat hunting as I remember. I believe that he hunted in West Texas and NM. Think he was tied in for a while with Joe Bramond from the South Texas ranching family. The Bramond family has a lot of land and is noted for having dogs for just about any kind of hunting you can think of. They used to have a large number of hog dogs. Don't know much about their breeding. Know a few guys that have dealt with them and said they had some good dogs. I was told that they culled hard. Campbell's hog dogs could be tied to theirs. The photos I have seen of Jerry kind of made me think of old Cowboy Williams and he was a character!

Hopefully it will be a better show than the last one. I've got family in Louisiana. Gonna take some Great Danes over there and catch gators. Gonna call the show Swamp People Meets Hogs Gone Wild! Will train the dogs to only catch the BIG gators.
treeingratterrier
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2011, 10:15:32 pm »

He used to Write a Full Cry article every month in the 80's.  Thinking he was on a big ranch full of bobcat and russian hogs in Brownwood guiding, lost track of him for a while, good to hear he is doing something with a mule too, wonder what kind of dogs they are using nowdays???  There used to lots of people with hog hunting mules down here at one time but I have not seen one in ages in the back of a truck being hauled with the dogs.  What was that hound hog dogger that used to be guiding on that big game ranch at Kerrville??  I cant think of the name, it went broke and got some of it sold off, was that the Y.O.Huh??  Seemed like that guy and Jerry were hunting together at one time. 

Rat Terriers aka fiests  black white tans, solid black and tans,  solid red,  ratting, squirrel  varmit stock from ranch raised varmit dogs, 10 to 30 pounds  www.crossbowtexas.com (for sale)    www.imageevent.com/treeingratterrier
TeJaShOgSlAyER
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 08:04:40 pm »

I know these campbells I live here in brownwood tx where they are from! They are some real characters mule dogs all kinds of stuff in the bed of the truck and an American flag painted S10 pickup! Real characters folks!

His legacy is rodeo and Cowboy is his name!
ole shep
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 09:19:40 pm »

If they open up a dog box and a pack of plotts falls out. Well it just wont get much better for me.
1 Girl fiesty and good looking
2 Dad likes Lonestar beer
3 Boys hunt hogs
4 Hunt with Bare Foot Bob
5 Its hog hunting heaven

Cant wait till it airs.

There is nothing a dip of snuff won't make better. Bow hunter. Bend it and send it. WWT approved
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 09:36:38 pm »

Can't think of the name to save my life, but there's a hog hunting DVD by some outdoor channel host from several years back where he likes to line em up and shoot 2 &3 at a time and he had one little doggin section in south Texas with some texicans and one east Texas hunt with some big ole fella and his kids. All I remember is a couple b&t cats and a dog named smoke. Anybody know what im talking about? Seems I remember their name being Campbell .

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
treeingratterrier
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 09:57:52 am »

Also announced was Boar Hunters, in which patriarch Jerry Campbell, "level-headed" son Robert and "firecracker" daughter Krystal help farmers and others who have problems with feral hogs. The Campbells run Campbell's Homeplace Ranch, which is based in Brownwood and has a clientele that has included Sam Elliott and President George H.W. Bush. And Krystal Campbell is a former Miss Brownwood. 

Found they still ofering lion hunts in west texas and new mexico on bayed solid magazine, i searched and searched fro the old dvd tape but cant find it.  I cant wait to see if he goes hunting with President Obamalol

Rat Terriers aka fiests  black white tans, solid black and tans,  solid red,  ratting, squirrel  varmit stock from ranch raised varmit dogs, 10 to 30 pounds  www.crossbowtexas.com (for sale)    www.imageevent.com/treeingratterrier
jdt
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 09:05:38 pm »

[quote author=knightstockterrier

Found they still ofering lion hunts in west texas and new mexico on bayed solid magazine, i searched and searched fro the old dvd tape but cant find it.  I cant wait to see if he goes hunting with President Obamalol

[/quot

lol , if they do , i hope their dogs trash BAD and get REEAAL  catchy  Afro
Meatdog
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 05:23:01 pm »

I'm looking forward to the show. I just got into hog hunting and a buddy gave me two Lacy dogs.  Cool thing is the guy who gave me my dogs is the cowboy in the black hat and the Lacys you (briefly) see in the show trailer are my dogs!!

My dog got torn up pretty good while filming the show, I wonder if they'll show it.
Chelcee
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2011, 05:36:58 pm »

I hope its good.. :/ Because im kinda tired of these "hog hunting" shows...its making people think they know all about hog doggin and stuff... Its getting stupid especially when I have had people call me because they hear I hog dog and they want to sell me their "bay dog" when I ask what breed they say they just told me..the breed is "bay dog" lmao i hope ill actually enjoy this show and not get annoyed with it like the others....
Chelcee
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2011, 05:37:38 pm »

I'm looking forward to the show. I just got into hog hunting and a buddy gave me two Lacy dogs.  Cool thing is the guy who gave me my dogs is the cowboy in the black hat and the Lacys you (briefly) see in the show trailer are my dogs!!

My dog got torn up pretty good while filming the show, I wonder if they'll show it.

I hope they dont show dogs getting torn up...then a whooole different issue is going to come up :/
3Whoghunter
Alpha Dog

who wants to hunt

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2011, 05:43:34 pm »

Yea the last one didn't do any justice to the sport. I hate it when ill be talking to people at work bout hunting hogs when someone walks up and ask me if I know them people from Texas on that one show bout the hog hunting. I'm like uh no then they make out like idk what I'm talking bout cause I ain't on TV. Man I hate that I offer to take em hunting to show them how it really goes down but they just say I can watch it on tv

LEG EM! LEG EM!!
Chelcee
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2011, 05:51:53 pm »

Yea the last one didn't do any justice to the sport. I hate it when ill be talking to people at work bout hunting hogs when someone walks up and ask me if I know them people from Texas on that one show bout the hog hunting. I'm like uh no then they make out like idk what I'm talking bout cause I ain't on TV. Man I hate that I offer to take em hunting to show them how it really goes down but they just say I can watch it on tv

Exactly :/ EVERYONE thinks they know about it now when the tv shows are a bunch of bs..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: