April 28, 2024, 09:56:28 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Hog Doggin Show  (Read 13032 times)
3Whoghunter
Alpha Dog

who wants to hunt

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2011, 05:56:02 pm »

It drives me crazy.

LEG EM! LEG EM!!
hoghunter_1985
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2011, 06:40:39 pm »

I looked it up and even searched for it on tv, but it said it wont premiere Aug. 16 it says the date is tbd because of the drought.
3Whoghunter
Alpha Dog

who wants to hunt

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2011, 06:48:52 pm »

Haha I bet they back out. Someone probably showed them the forum posts bout the last ones and how tough the professional hog dogging critics on here are and they don't want to be just another show to make fun of lol

LEG EM! LEG EM!!
Txhoghunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2011, 09:24:06 pm »

WHY are so many of the hog hunting women named Crystal/Krystal ?

Why if they are legendary has no one in the hog hunting community heard of them?

x2...I thought the same thing....

Take em alive

Bad decisions make good stories

http://www.thehagemanreserve.com/page13/page14/page14.html
TColt
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2011, 09:30:21 pm »

WHY are so many of the hog hunting women named Crystal/Krystal ?

Why if they are legendary has no one in the hog hunting community heard of them?

x2...I thought the same thing....

You obviously have not read the entire thread lol...

Taylor Colt Christian- TDHA member
http://tdha.org/

Support our sport!
Txhoghunter
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2011, 09:33:52 pm »

yeah, but I still never heard of them  Huh? To me legendary means they're known pretty much statewide(at least by folks whove been around awhile)not just locally...I dont care one way or the other, I know hollywood has to do what they do to make it sound interesting. Hope its better than the last hog doggin show!

Take em alive

Bad decisions make good stories

http://www.thehagemanreserve.com/page13/page14/page14.html
Meatdog
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2011, 09:36:50 pm »

Talked to the former owner of my dogs who took the cast/crew out.  He said they didn't know jack about pigs.  They didn't hustle in after the dogs caught and that's why one of mine got roughed up.

The outlook for the show does not look good :/
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:39:05 pm by Meatdog » Logged
treeingratterrier
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2011, 10:22:55 pm »

Talked to the former owner of my dogs who took the cast/crew out.  He said they didn't know jack about pigs.  They didn't hustle in after the dogs caught and that's why one of mine got roughed up.

I dont get it,  your dogs are going to be on the series about hog dogging and the film crew is not knowledgeable about hog filming or are you saying Jerry is not knowledgeable about hog hunting and slow to the bay???  Who is the new owner of your old dogs, Campbell or somebody else??  Sounds like the show is not all about the Campbells???

Rat Terriers aka fiests  black white tans, solid black and tans,  solid red,  ratting, squirrel  varmit stock from ranch raised varmit dogs, 10 to 30 pounds  www.crossbowtexas.com (for sale)    www.imageevent.com/treeingratterrier
TColt
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2011, 10:59:12 pm »

How long have you had dOgs, they ain't been filming but about two months.

Taylor Colt Christian- TDHA member
http://tdha.org/

Support our sport!
Meatdog
Hog Dog Pup

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2011, 11:15:03 pm »

I haven't had the dogs long, probably 2 months.  If you watch the trailer, the cowboy in the black hat is my buddy's dad.  The dogs were his and he wasn't hunting them as much as he would like and gave them to me.  From what I understand they filmed several months ago.

The dogs had the boar caught, the crew was filming and the hunters (I guess the campbells - whoever the old man, guy, and girl are on the show) were hesitant to go in and get the hog.  One of the dogs was getting torn up pretty good so my buddy's dad went it and finished the job.  He seemed to think they were a joke as far as hog dogging goes.  He was surprised to see his face on TV as well.

it looks like the show is abt the Campbells but they go with other guys who know something about  hog hunting.
Chelcee
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2011, 09:32:47 am »

I haven't had the dogs long, probably 2 months.  If you watch the trailer, the cowboy in the black hat is my buddy's dad.  The dogs were his and he wasn't hunting them as much as he would like and gave them to me.  From what I understand they filmed several months ago.

Yeahh..shows dont get aired for maybe 6 months to 8 months later...maybe the last episode was filmed a few months ago? but not the whole thing.. and if the show is how your explaining then YAY another stupid show! Smiley   Angry
BDizz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2011, 09:58:30 am »

Live in the same town as him and you'll see'em loaded up and leavin town quite often. 3 horse trailers, the campbell mobile, camper, 2 or 3 trucks, and one with a pig trap in the back. It's a caravan to every hunt. It should be interistin know doubt. Don't know anything bout his dogs but know that he's used some peoples dogs to hunt behind. They'll bring the true redneck out in Texas, guarranted!

"may God bless and keep you always, may you always do for others and let others do for you"
bailey508
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2011, 10:05:36 am »

Live in the same town as him and you'll see'em loaded up and leavin town quite often. 3 horse trailers, the campbell mobile, camper, 2 or 3 trucks, and one with a pig trap in the back. It's a caravan to every hunt. It should be interistin know doubt. Don't know anything bout his dogs but know that he's used some peoples dogs to hunt behind. They'll bring the true redneck out in Texas, guarranted!

two things...1) whats the trap for. I personally dont take a trap on a hunting trip. I guess thats just in case the dogs dont produce?
                 2) what exactly is the "true redneck" in Texas. I live in Texas and personally im tired of people having the misconception that we(hog doggers in Texas) are just abunch of ignorant rednecks. So if the outcome of this show is to display the "true Redneck" of a Texan. Keep it off the air in my opinion.

Matthew 3:2 “Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”
Chelcee
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2011, 10:08:23 am »

two things...1) whats the trap for. I personally dont take a trap on a hunting trip. I guess thats just in case the dogs dont produce?
                 2) what exactly is the "true redneck" in Texas. I live in Texas and personally im tired of people having the misconception that we(hog doggers in Texas) are just abunch of ignorant rednecks. So if the outcome of this show is to display the "true Redneck" of a Texan. Keep it off the air in my opinion.

X2
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2011, 10:10:11 am »

I hope its a very entertaining and informative show, and does some good for our sport. As far as all this speculative banter about the Campbells, I dint know them from Adam and I like to cross a bridge before I burn it. So, best of luck to you Campbell family.

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
bailey508
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2011, 10:17:56 am »

I hope its a very entertaining and informative show, and does some good for our sport. As far as all this speculative banter about the Campbells, I dint know them from Adam and I like to cross a bridge before I burn it. So, best of luck to you Campbell family.

well said T-bob. I dont know them and had never herd of them before this show came up. I hope it is well put together and TRUTHFUL. but, in all honesty, i dont think they could do any worse than whats already been done..lol

Matthew 3:2 “Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”
BDizz
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2011, 10:26:24 am »

Idk bout the hog trap.  
"true redneck" it's a figure of speech. It don't matter what we do in Texas, everybody from the big cities thinks the same of us. I went to New York a year back and they all still think we ride horses every where out of the big cities down here and didn't believe me when I said otherwise.  It's somethin that has been stuck to us and prolly won't ever change.

"may God bless and keep you always, may you always do for others and let others do for you"
Black Smith
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2011, 10:29:13 am »

I am on a lease between Brady and Brownswood and it is DRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
zachW
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2011, 10:47:46 am »

A man i knows mother went to school with mr cambell, David told me he has known him for going on 40 years and what you see is what u get, that it might look hoky or put on, but thats just him camera no camera it don't matter.   I look forward to the show.  October 16 i think is the new air date, but it looked like  a and e was going to air shows while they were g
Still filming the season that's why it's delayed.

Call me what you want, god made me, Jesus saved me, and my moma raised me.
cwhite_25
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2011, 10:55:42 am »

[/quote]

I do know that they are not just using dogs to catch pigs. They are trapping and shooting as well. I think they even bring in a heli at some point in the show. They just finished filming a few days ago.

It was real hard on them with the heat and drought. I think it will be somewhat corney to us as hog hunters but has to be for hollywood or people on the outside looking in. Hopefully it wont be too over the top.

TDHA MEMBER
LSWDA MEMBER
Hempstead, Tx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: