April 28, 2024, 02:18:32 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HAVE YOU HAD YOUR PORK TODAY?

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Car help  (Read 625 times)
circleb54
Catch Dog

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2011, 10:53:13 am »

Daughter has a 2003 sunfire have a guy installed a cd player it all worked but now the car won't start it will turn over and every once in a while will start but dies like it's out of fuel anyone got any ideas post here or call or text for more info please thank y'all 5807431697

Michael
Miller Lite
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 11:04:06 am »

sounds like your ground is bad ... if i was you i'd pull it out an a get one of them cold heat guns an melt them wires together then tape them ... most people just tape them an thats where they go wrong ... does she have a amp or anything like that?

Can you skin griz. pilgrim
circleb54
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 11:19:34 am »

No amP or anything I got to power unhooked on cd player but still won't start

Michael
t.wilbanks
Hog Doom

Trenton Wilbanks Daingerfield,Tx

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 11:22:30 am »

When it does crank, have you tried giving it gas to stay running?

My truck did that when the fuel pump went out... if i kept giving it gas it would stay running alittle while, but once i tried to
let it idle it would die...   Wink
circleb54
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 11:26:45 am »

When it does crank, have you tried giving it gas to stay running?

My truck did that when the fuel pump went out... if i kept giving it gas it would stay running alittle while, but once i tried to
let it idle it would die...   Wink

Does not do anything if you give gas

Michael
MOhogger
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2011, 12:16:41 pm »

Sounds like the ignition switch. Those cars are bad for that.
Black Smith
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 12:55:09 pm »

Take the radiator cap off and drive a new car under it=======LOL
circleb54
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 01:06:51 pm »

Just put a fuel filter on it since it seemed to be not getting fuel but that did not help

Michael
circleb54
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 02:24:19 pm »

Ok been told there is a theft derrent system that was probally activated any ideas how to reset it besides hauling in to the dealership

Michael
lawson-dawg
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 09:35:52 pm »

Here is what "Google" had to say...worth a shot lol! Good luck.

1. Turn the ignition key to the "On" position with the engine off. Turn the key to "Start" to attempt to start the car, then release the key back to the "On" position.

2. Observe the security indicator on the instrument panel. The security indicator LED illuminates the word "Theft." Wait about 10 minutes for the security indicator to turn off.

3. Turn the ignition key to the "Off" position. Wait five seconds.

4.  Repeat steps 1 thru 3, two more times for a total of three cycles.

5.   Turn the ignition key to the "Start" position and start the car.

lawson-dawg
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 09:40:30 pm »

It's when the security light starts flashing that the infamous "chip" in the key becomes a nightmare to many. Gradually the car begins not cranking anymore or if it cranks it would start and die in a second. Randomly it will do this more and more often until it won't start anymore. VATS, PASSkey and Passlock immobilizer systems are killing cars all over North America, they have a short lifespan and are certainly more effective against owners than thieves. Here is how you save your car
1st trick, (if not starting) turn the key forward 2 clicks till right before it would normally start, leave like that for 10 minutes. ( no less ) After 10 minutes, turn key back then forward and your car might start. I did this in my regal for more than a year. If its shuting down while running, im sorry i have no quick fix...

Cheap fix: Bypass the chip in your key. Temporary, but effective. Until the TDM (theft deterrent module) in the dash poops out, then you're kinda screwed. I was told that these types of key security systems have a 7-10 year life span. Sucks for us. This link explains the "Key Issue" pretty well.------   http://vats.likeabigdog.com/

Never worry again fix: Bypass the whole VATS/Passlock/passkey I or passkey II system entirely. Literally take it out, and throw it away. I just did this in my Regal. Took about an hour. Took longer to find the thing than it did to fix the problem. For a list of cars effected by this problem. See the NEWROCKIES link on the right side of their page......... They sell a unit for 200 bucks to totally bypass this system FOREVER. life time-money back and all that. Finally did this in my car. Well worth the 200 if you've looked into getting this replaced... Anywhere from 600-1000 bucks.    http://newrockies.ca?ap_id=judd0081

----- With this fix, you can take that whole Vats, passlock, passkey **** system out of your car all together. Good info on both sites

It works for:
Any GM or Isuzu Vehicle with VATS or PASSKey or PASSLock security systems.
If your car has the chip in the key or in the lock cylinder, then you can save it with this Full Bypass.
Trucks
« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 09:43:05 pm by lawson-dawg » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: