April 18, 2024, 05:46:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Odd Texas's Laws  (Read 1267 times)
DangerZone
Hog Master

TDHA Member

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2011, 12:04:04 pm »

It is illegal to take more than three sips of beer at a time while standing.

A recently passed anticrime law requires criminals to give their victims 24 hours notice, either orally or in writing, and to explain the nature of the crime to be committed.

It is unlawful for a person to consume an alcoholic beverage while operating a motor vehicle upon a public roadway, if the person is observed doing so by a peace officer.

The entire Encyclopedia Britannica is banned in Texas because it contains a formula for making beer at home.

When two trains meet each other at a railroad crossing, each shall come to a full stop, and neither shall proceed until the other has gone.

It is illegal to drive without windshield wipers. You don't need a windshield, but you must have the wipers.

You can be legally married by publically introducing a person as your husband or wife 3 times.

A city ordinance states that a person cannot go barefoot without first obtaining a special five-dollar permit.

It is illegal for one to shoot a buffalo from the second story of a hotel.

It is illegal to milk another person's cow.

Abilene;
It is illegal to idle or loiter anyplace within the corporate limits of the city for the purpose of flirting or mashing.

Austin;
Wire cutters can not be carried in your pocket.

Beaumont ;
Collegiate football is banned at Lamar University.

Borger ;
It is against the law to throw confetti, rubber balls, feather dusters, whips or quirts (riding crop), and explosive firecrackers of any kind.

Clarendon;
It is illegal to dust any public building with a feather duster.

El Paso;
Churches, hotels, halls of assembly, stores, markets, banking rooms, railroad depots, and saloons are required to provide spittoons "of a kind and number to efficiently contain expectorations into them."

Houston;
Beer may not be purchased after midnight on a Sunday, but it may be purchased anytime on Monday.

It is illegal to sell Limburger cheese on Sunday.

Galveston;
It is illegal to drive a motor car down Broadway before noon on Sundays.

Jasper;
Dogs must be on a leash at ALL times. Fine of 100 dollars.

LeFors;
It is illegal to take more than three swallows of beer while standing.

Lubbock County;
It is illegal to drive within an arm's length of alcohol - including alcohol in someone else's blood stream.

Mesquite;
It is illegal for children to have unusual haircuts. ( not inforced)

Port Arthur;
Obnoxious odors may not be emitted while in an elevator.

Richardson;
It is now illegal to place a "for sale" sign on a car if it visible from the street.

It is illegal to do "U Turns".

San Antonio;
It is illegal for both sexes to flirt or respond to flirtation using the eyes and/or hands.

It is illegal to urinate on the Alamo. (should be punishable by death, IMO)

Temple;
No one may ride a horse and buggy through the town square.

You can ride your horse in the saloon.

Cattle thieves may be hanged on the spot.( should go for all thieves)

Texarkana;
Owners of horses may not ride them at night without tail lights.

From squeal to meal with one good stick!  Hunting is not a sport, It's a way of life...Danny Ward
BobbyB
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 12:37:48 pm »

It is also illegal to shoot buffalo from the second story window of a hotel or to use a feather duster in a state government building in Texas

" If you can't have no fun, ain't no use agoin' ! " - old man in a Sweetwater, TX cafe
bailey508
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 01:01:14 pm »

i wouldnt try this but, it IS legal to whip your wife with a cane on Sundays on the courthouse steps as long as the cane is no bigger aroung than your thumb.

Matthew 3:2 “Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”
Muddogkennels
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 01:21:34 pm »

Alvin ,tx its a illegal to keep your dog on a chain!!
djhogdogger
Hog Doom

Dinah Psencik from Dayton Tx.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2011, 01:42:25 pm »

I kinda miss a law when I was a kid where it was illegal to operate businesses on Sundays. At least I think it was a law. The small town of Anahuac where I grew up was so peaceful on Sundays.

A television can insult your intelligence but nothing rubs it in like a computer.
coyote hunter
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2011, 02:07:31 pm »

In one of the Dakotas, if there r 7 Indians in a covered wagon they r considered a war party and u can open fire on them.

bay tight, catch hard
dub
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2011, 03:01:38 pm »

i wouldnt try this but, it IS legal to whip your wife with a cane on Sundays on the courthouse steps as long as the cane is no bigger aroung than your thumb.
Now what about when your woman hits back? Does she need a cane on the courthouse steps or a frying pan when she feels like it?

My grandpa said to never hit a dog or a woman. Because both will rip up your rear when you turn around.

"...A man who has nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety is a miserable creature who has no chance at being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself..." John Stuart Mill
Peachcreek
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2011, 03:31:47 pm »

I kinda miss a law when I was a kid where it was illegal to operate businesses on Sundays. At least I think it was a law. The small town of Anahuac where I grew up was so peaceful on Sundays.

I remeber riding with my mom all the way to the humble walmart and it being closed on sunday... she was mad. It was a silly law and only lasted a few years i guess.

www.peachcreekcatahoulas.com

Victor dog food dealer. Cleveland Texas
Wmwendler
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2011, 01:48:57 pm »

Now what about when your woman hits back? Does she need a cane on the courthouse steps or a frying pan when she feels like it?

My grandpa said to never hit a dog or a woman. Because both will rip up your rear when you turn around.

Just make sure the cane you use is somewhere between the size of your thumb and the size of hers.  Then it will be bigger than her thumb and therefore illegal for her to hit you back with. Grin  Now if you have a large wife then I guess she gets to whoop you back all she wants and it might not be all that smart to start whooping her in the first place

Waylon
Case
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2011, 01:56:03 pm »

X2
I think it was because God was more important than the dollar back then; not so much now (to most), but I agree much more peaceful back then.

God, Family and Hunting...
tnhillbilly
Hog Doom

WWT Official scorer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2011, 12:13:13 am »

Dinah, I agree 100%