April 23, 2024, 07:31:55 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: HELP SUPPORT HUNTERS HARVEST....

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Black Perry Dogs (UPDATE on 2nd Book!! 60 copies available)  (Read 19514 times)
firemedic
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 27, 2011, 10:45:31 am »

To quote the late R. P. Wagner..................."F the hogs just catch that black dog"

Waylon
Would that be a Wagner from the Wagner Ranch near Electra, TX?

It's easy to judge the character of a man,....by how he treats those that can do nothing for him.
cward
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2011, 04:46:34 pm »

HAHA, I agree... when everybody is more worried about catchin' dogs than hogs... you on the right track!!!!   I am interested to hear the relation of your dogs to the Perry's Chance
v
Noah my dogs were Woodruff dogs. Lots of blacks, saddle backs, and dark colors. Not  sure they breed dogs together but they all knew the same people real well and the dogs matched. My uncle breed dogs with Woodruff and out crossed Billy hutto dogs. That is were the yellow came in. But the dogs work the same.

Hog hunting can start more crap than anything I have ever seen!(HDLCrystal)
Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
cward
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 28, 2011, 04:55:01 pm »

Noah when tShelley talks about them dogs leaving to go find another what he means is how much brain they have it is amazing to watch them do it. They just know they are supposed to get it done. I really think that it comes from the cow dog in them. They know theres more to get bunched. I told my uncle one time people don't believe me when I say it. He said its cause they ain't never seen it.
I have seen plenty of good hog dogs in this world but only a few that would do what tshelly is talking about. They were all breed the same way.

Remember John Wayne was just an actor the real cowboys is who he looked up to..........
Wmwendler
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2011, 06:12:53 pm »

To quote the late R. P. Wagner..................."F the hogs just catch that black dog"

Waylon
Would that be a Wagner from the Wagner Ranch near Electra, TX?

No, he was from out west of Brenham.

Waylon
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 29, 2011, 06:46:18 pm »

Noah when tShelley talks about them dogs leaving to go find another what he means is how much brain they have it is amazing to watch them do it. They just know they are supposed to get it done. I really think that it comes from the cow dog in them. They know theres more to get bunched. I told my uncle one time people don't believe me when I say it. He said its cause they ain't never seen it.
I have seen plenty of good hog dogs in this world but only a few that would do what tshelly is talking about. They were all breed the same way.

I ain't never seen it and don't believe you, care to put a chicken fried steak from cowboy cafe on it? Wink

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
cward
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 29, 2011, 07:30:30 pm »

I tell you what tgirl I will put a bowl of fried rats on it. Oh you already owe me how fast did they roll on the first time you hunted with me. But for the slow learners I will show you again. Grin

TShelly
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 29, 2011, 08:23:33 pm »

Haha yeah alot of people wouldn't believe it chance.. We started figuring it out when we got to hunt with a garmin and when I started tryIng to take pics. They'd start and bay hogs but I'd be there taking pictures and we'd notice they'd already left because we couldn't ever find them in on any of the bay pics. Started paying attention to it and sure enough, sometimes they'd wait til we showed. Sometimes all it took was the sound of a 4 wheeler pulling up and they'd roll off as long as there was a few other dogs there.

Those two happened to be Girlfriend and her littermate Parvo(rip)

Get ahead dog!
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 29, 2011, 08:25:09 pm »

We slow learners have short attention spans, but you're right, they did roll pretty quick for a bunch ctard dogs Cheesy enough thread jacking though, well just start a new thread after the rat killing roll fest.

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
Critter Catcher
Alpha Dog

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: September 30, 2011, 09:14:13 am »

hey cward Terry likes to go by t-back these days, he gets agree about the tgirl stuff  Cheesy Cheesy

Kevin Daniels TDHA member
Critter Catcher
Feral Hog Removal & Guide Service
www.crittercatcher.net
TShelly
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 05, 2012, 02:55:58 pm »

Figured I'd bring this back to the top so some of the new people could check the first book mr. Perry wrote

Get ahead dog!
jdt
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2012, 07:19:31 pm »

we're gonna be in houston at the doctor for 3 weeks , i'm making a list of people i want to meet while we are there . mr. perry is close to the top .
Circle T kennels
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2012, 07:56:07 pm »

I'm going to make it a point to get by there and meet Lloyd myself,I have had some decent yellow dogs over the years, hunted with some good hounds, seen a couple Parker curs impress the heck out of me might of seen one pretty good spotted dog. But these lil racey built black dogs were just in my honest opinon some the best hog dogs I've seen, please no one take offense especially the spotted dog people. But the one I did see was the Lou Gyp from from Lloyd Perry she was a kind of blue leopard.Best dog I ever owned to this date was yellow dog name Buck I couldn't wait to hunt him with Herschel,gonna impress him, ha ha. I don't think they even knew he was there, and Ol Buck had a good day. Ha ha Just some good dogs and even better men
tushhog84
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2012, 09:50:01 pm »

ok yall convinced me were can i get a couple pups to try.
T-Bob Parker
Hog Doom

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2012, 08:25:21 am »

If they was handing them out like Halloween candy, they'd be just as watered down and worthless as most of the mega name strands.

Windows Down, Waylon Up.
tushhog84
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2012, 07:19:31 pm »

i agree with you t-bob those kind of dogs are hard to get i was asking the question as more of a joke than anything else. but would like to hunt behind some dogs with that kind of style.
T.Angel
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2012, 09:41:42 am »

Great Post Tony,   

tushhog 84 - Call Mr. Perry he will take ya on a hunt to
   Show them Dogs he has ready to go
    936-395-0031
Swine-Stalker
Alpha Dog

Cody Everett

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2017, 10:36:17 am »

After a whole lot of texts from my partner, very extensive reading, a 45min phone call to Mr. Perry, the birth of my newest litter of pups and only 4 hours of sleep, all last night... I am excited for what the future holds on my yard. There are some familiar dog names mentioned in here, and a lot of black on my yard.

We'll all be equal under the grass, God's got a heaven for country trash

"The problems we face today are there because the people who work
for a living are now outnumbered by those who vote for a living."
TShelly
Hog Master

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2017, 06:06:50 am »

After a whole lot of texts from my partner, very extensive reading, a 45min phone call to Mr. Perry, the birth of my newest litter of pups and only 4 hours of sleep, all last night... I am excited for what the future holds on my yard. There are some familiar dog names mentioned in here, and a lot of black on my yard.

Get ahead dog!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: