March 28, 2024, 06:28:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: WILD BOAR USA....FOR ALL YOUR HOG HUNTING NEEDS

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ? About a catahoulas bloodline  (Read 1912 times)
5150hogdogs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2011, 04:25:27 am »

I just got a cat nalc reg.and wondering what y'all think on this blood so here we go sires side 1st gen: gr sire grchshch lees badeaux gr damn bushs cheetah gr sire bushs trooper Dan gr dam lees queen sheebah sire Indian bayous ringo star dam Indian bayou rose bud 2nd gen sire : gr sire Cherokees Clyde gr dam Cherokees Bonnie gr sire 3 ts lone ranger gr dam 3 ts widow hoppy sire wild d coyote dam 3ts Cheyenne 3rd gen sire: gr sire wild d coyote gr dam 3ts Cheyenne gr sire Indian bayous ringo star gr dam indain bayous rose bud sire double ls mater dam double ms Ethel
dams side 1st gen gr sire salty dogs rocky gr dam salty dogs Nikita gr sire blue frosts Billy salty dog hill sire ck hill Billy dam salty dog Missy 2nd gen gr sire  grchoftdch snikers gr dam conchs bub bett gr sire rafter e Cletus gr dam bayou belle fleur sire choftdch captain blacks bubba dam rafter e victoria secret gr sire ck hillybillygr dam salty dog Missy gr sire chtdchs capt black bubba gr dam rafter es Victoria secret sire salty dogs uncle guido dam slimans Bon temps rouge
oh and I forgot the sire phares sparticus dam crawdads Mia so it's four gens any info good or bad is greatly apereciated thanks     

why bring a gun to a knife fight

Check us out on facebook search fiftyonefiftyhogdogs
Skeeterkiller
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 07:02:39 am »

Wow That is a lot of history on that dog . I tend to look at if the dog will hunt or not . If it will not hunt after 2 years of age I will cull it . I have a few catahoulas mostly Aden bloodline. They will run a pig once in a while but their blood line is cow dog stock so they will run cows.
5150hogdogs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 01:50:39 pm »

Yea that's what I say but a buddy gave me this dog and first time he seen a hog was a couple of weeks ago and he bayed like he been doin it for years imma bring him in the woods for a lil trail and see what goes from there   

Indian Valley Ranch
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 02:22:46 pm »

Hope this dog works out for you, he has the right blood in him, my old Gator dog was Cherokee bred and was a real good strike dog, there is only a hand full of cat bloodlines that I care to work with and I would give him a chance judging by his pedigree.   Britt
PEEWEE
Strike Dog

if you got hogs I can catchum

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 03:54:56 pm »

well to b honest Ive owned some of the best suposed blood lines and some worked some didnt all I can say on blood lines is dont go on hype go by the dog if the dog works for you keep it.  maybe breed it     if it dont fit you or your style of hunting then cull it bottom line
wilton
Catch Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 06:16:44 pm »

From what i know/have learned; the Lee's bloodline probably back to Aden's, more cowdog, the Cherokee's should be good hogdogs, along with the Salty dog's are good hogdogs, and the two from Capt. Black's; snicker's and bubba as noted were chmp. treedogs, so overall a very good mix of Catahola bloodlines should work at most anything, but then that's what cats are known for.

"Stand for something or fall for anything" Case Catahoulas; blood tracking; NALC certified breeder, member ACA & COBRA
5150hogdogs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 09:22:43 pm »

Yea he works in the pen hard but yet to take him to the woods so hope he turns out

Salty River
Bay Dog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2011, 01:08:56 am »

I hunted my first salty dog eleven years ago. last year i hunted a few more and was so impressed, that i went and bought every single dog in thier kennel and breeding program. they are the grittiest and the rangiest catahoulas that i have ever seen. good luck with your pup.

Even if your in the fast lane, you'll still get ran over if you just stand there!!
halfbreed
Hog Doom

MR. Whitten

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 12:20:54 pm »

show me a picture of the dog and the way it's built . i'd like to see it

hattak at ofi piso

469-658-2534
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: