April 27, 2024, 11:28:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ETHD....WE'RE ALL ABOUT HOG DOGGIN!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you stand?  (Read 1560 times)
So Oklahoma Cur Dogs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« on: February 07, 2009, 12:45:21 am »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhSugr22d0U

You aint a redneck untill you've shot a gun in the house.
Black Gold
Alpha Dog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2009, 09:27:45 am »

Personally, my priorities are (and in this order) God, Family, Texas, & USA.

I'm not one who dwells on the past and for me to dwell on what happened in the Civil War is (in my mind) the same as people using slavery that happened back then as an excuse for reverse discrimination in today's situations.
I was fortunate in college to take a history course that covered the civil war era and was taught by a professor that taught from a southern perspective.  This guy was a real history buff and had articles from newspapers back then from both sides that showed some of the bad things that the north did.  It was nice to learn about both good and bad things that both sides did instead of the usual North was a saint and the South was the devil teachings.  He also showed documentation of a large number of Irish slaves owned by both sides as well......anyway....

I have trouble with the image that the Stars-n-Bars portrays today.  People like the Klan have warped things based on hatred rather that people's rights.

My bottom line:

I am a Christian man who does not hate based on skin color.  I feel that every person should have the chance to succeed and work hard and make a life for their family.  I feel that anyone should be able to come into the USA - LEGALLY

I have my beliefs and I feel that you should be able to have yours.

You WILL NOT take away my right to worship.
You WILL NOT hurt my family.
You WILL NOT take my guns.
You WILL NOT enter my home un-invited.

I dont care what race, religion, or background you come from.  I dont care what government, political, or military group you come from or stand for or are sent by.

If you try and challenge one of my 4 rules you will be met with deadly force.  The quote: "From my cold, dead hands" rings literally true for myself and my family.  That's the bottom line.

CODY WEISER - WWT Founder & Official Scorer - T.D.H.A. Advisor
Russ
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2009, 03:19:42 pm »

Personally, my priorities are (and in this order) God, Family, Texas, & USA.

I'm not one who dwells on the past and for me to dwell on what happened in the Civil War is (in my mind) the same as people using slavery that happened back then as an excuse for reverse discrimination in today's situations.
I was fortunate in college to take a history course that covered the civil war era and was taught by a professor that taught from a southern perspective.  This guy was a real history buff and had articles from newspapers back then from both sides that showed some of the bad things that the north did.  It was nice to learn about both good and bad things that both sides did instead of the usual North was a saint and the South was the devil teachings.  He also showed documentation of a large number of Irish slaves owned by both sides as well......anyway....

I have trouble with the image that the Stars-n-Bars portrays today.  People like the Klan have warped things based on hatred rather that people's rights.

My bottom line:

I am a Christian man who does not hate based on skin color.  I feel that every person should have the chance to succeed and work hard and make a life for their family.  I feel that anyone should be able to come into the USA - LEGALLY

I have my beliefs and I feel that you should be able to have yours.

You WILL NOT take away my right to worship.
You WILL NOT hurt my family.
You WILL NOT take my guns.
You WILL NOT enter my home un-invited.

I dont care what race, religion, or background you come from.  I dont care what government, political, or military group you come from or stand for or are sent by.

If you try and challenge one of my 4 rules you will be met with deadly force.  The quote: "From my cold, dead hands" rings literally true for myself and my family.  That's the bottom line.

X2

uva uvam videndo varia fit
Like having my own little fuzzy convict, he steals, is violent and from what I saw him doing to his teddy bear obviously sexually frustrated.
dabutcher
Boar Slayer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2009, 04:26:25 pm »

well, this is somewhat of a touchy subject just because of how a vocal few (KKK) have chosen to brandish the rebel flag.  I, personally, am very fond of the civil war era, and what the south means to me.  Good christian people that teach self-reliance, have a sense of civic duty, and are more than willing to help a person in need.  I've spent a lot of time in the "north" and out west and have come back to TEXAS everytime.  People are more hospitable, courteous, and have a better sense of family. 

BMichalak
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 05:17:48 pm »

Cody, i REALLY like your style of thinkin... you hit the nail on the head there buddy!
So Oklahoma Cur Dogs
Strike Dog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 08:56:15 pm »

MUSLIM BELIEF...........This is a RELIGION???

This is a true story and the author, Rick Mathes, is a well-known leader in prison ministry. The man who walks with God always gets to his destination. If you have a pulse you have a purpose.

The Muslim religion is the fastest growing religion per capita in the United States, especially in the minority races!!!

Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training session there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic, Protestant and Muslim faiths, who explained each of their beliefs.

I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say. The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a video.

After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked: 'Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the world and, that by killing an infidel (which is a command to all Muslims), they are assured of a place in heaven.  If that's the case, can you give me the definition of an infidel?'

There was no disagreement with my statements and, without hesitation, he replied, 'Non-believers!'

I responded, 'So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they can have a place in heaven. Is that correct?'

The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that of a little boy who had just been caught with his hand in the cookie jar.'

He sheepishly replied, 'Yes.'

I then stated, 'Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope Benedict commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Dr. Stanley ordering all Protestants to do the same in order to guarantee them a place in heaven!'

The Imam was speechless!

I continued, 'I also have a problem with being your friend when you and your brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me! Let me ask you a question: Would you rather have your Allah, who tells you to kill me in order for you to go to heaven, or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to heaven and He wants you to be there with me?'

You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame.  Needless to say, the organizers and/or promoters of the Diversification Training Seminar were not happy with Rick's way of dealing with the  Islamic Imam, and exposing the truth about the Muslims' beliefs.

In twenty years there will be enough Muslim voters in the U.S. to elect the President!

You aint a redneck untill you've shot a gun in the house.
HogzgoneWild
Hog Catching Machine

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 09:10:43 pm »

I'm with Cody and the likewise fellers..

"pain is just fear leavin the body"
TDHA member/TLGDA supporter
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." - Will Rogers
Victor Dealer/Promoter
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: